Author Topic: Quentin VS Barnabas in the Love DEPT  (Read 3136 times)

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Quentin VS Barnabas in the Love DEPT
« on: January 15, 2010, 08:05:08 AM »
I am currently watching the 1897 storyline, and as I am nuts about Quentin and haven’t seen these episodes in over ten years, I wanted to post my thoughts.

Quentin says to Barnabas that “The ladies are strangely attracted to you. Why?”

Watching 1897 storyline, I am wondering myself. Who is the better lover in these episodes? Barnabas, once he bites his victims, is the aristocratic, pointy-haired, rich cousin. He’s suave and debonair, and I wouldn’t throw him out of bed for eating crackers.
But Quentin appeals to me more, not because I am so much like him, but because he is so ding-dang good-looking, wicked and fun.
Where Barnabas is charming, Quentin is a charmer,

So who has the most women enchanted? It’s almost like a contest. No wonder the teen magazines featured them both during this storyline.

Please post your thoughts. My very first DS Fest, my sister and I came upon Selby’s autograph table. We giggled. “Oh, my god! Quentin!!!!”
Mr. Selby replied with as much enthusiasm in his wicked way and made us laugh,
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Re: Quentin VS Barnabas in the Love DEPT
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 05:10:54 PM »
Hmmm... I guess it would depend on what you were looking for.

Looking for a wild night of drinking and debauchery that could possible end in some jail time? Then Quentin is definitely your man.

Looking for someone to dote upon you and make you feel like a lady? Then Barnabas is the one to be with - however you better make damn sure you look like Josette. [snow_grin]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 09:52:19 PM »
LOL!!! You hit the nail right on the head, kiddo.

I just think the whole thing is hilarious because Quentin is the lady's man, but I think Barnabas has got him beat!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 10:52:32 PM »
And don't forget Quentin had to juggle all those chicks somehow!!  Beth, Angelique, Amanda!! My hat's off to him!
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 04:23:11 PM »
It's sort of like the conundrum we had as kids with Ginger and Maryann from Gilligan's Island. I suppose it depends on what you are looking for. Now, I'd want to be married to Maryann. If I were single and not looking, or just out of a divorce, I'd seek out Ginger.  We had a similar argument about Farrah and Kate when when we graduated from Gilligan to Charlie's Angels. Ironically I was watching DS, essentially for the first time. I was 6 in '69, so DS was forbidden. Beyond a few stolen scenes, I have little memory of it. In the 70s I was watching DS in reruns and Angels and was totally unaware that "the lady from the Rookies" had been on DS. Again, I think unconsciously we saw Kate as more marriage material, and Farrah as someone to have a more casual fling with. We thought Jaclyn (Sp? Smith was very pretty of course, but she did not really factor into our fantasies. I have no idea why. To relate this to the post, I'd say Barnabas is would be more stable and long term, at least if he solved the whole you'll probably die if you fall in love with me problem. Quentin would be Ginger to Barnabas' Maryann. 

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 04:27:16 PM »
sorry but i'd kick 'em both to the curb for a roll in the hay with joe haskell...

collinsport's hunkiest fisherman. [snow_wow]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 08:12:33 PM »
Oh, Joe is dreamy. There's no doubt about it. But he is faithful. Barn and Quentin go through women like changing socks. In one episode Quentin begs Beth to run away with him. He loves her. Then he makes a play for Angelique. Fickle pickle.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 08:31:29 PM »
yeah i haven't seen 1897 in a long time but aren't jenny,laura,beth,angelique and amanda all quentin's concubines?

am i missing anybody? did he make a play for charity?

barnabas is slightly more consistant. except for vicki and roxanne all his interests look like josette.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 12:01:06 AM »
Are we boyzz aloud to contribute! LOL  I am sure we are.  Well Quentin is a doll and I would do terrible things with him including jail time!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 08:04:35 PM »
aren't jenny,laura,beth,angelique and amanda all quentin's concubines?

I don't think you can count Angelique. Angelique pursued Quentin and made the deal to force him to marry her. As far as I remember they weren't romanitically linked as far as he was concerned.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 11:20:12 PM »
Charity was - as well as a few of the regulars at the Blue Whale.

RachelDrummand

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 07:43:16 AM »
I believe Quentin made advances towards Rachel. There were a couple of scenes like that where Barnabas walked in on Quentin's smooth talking and he was none to pleased.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 05:09:55 PM »
Well, anyone in a relationship with Barnabas may be pampered but they're not going to have much say in decision making because Barnabas makes all the decisions. He may listen to other opinions - but nine times out of ten he's going to dismiss them completely. And he always makes the final decision because he firmly believes his way is the right way even if everyone else can easily see his way is sure to lead to disaster. So, if having very little say in the direction your life takes and often plowing head first into disaster is for you, then Barnabas is your man.  [ghost_wink]

Quentin may bungle things on occasion - but at least he's willing to make shared decisions...

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 11:16:05 PM »
Joe Haskell is the man for me too.
Barnabas doesn't turn me on. Interesting character, but I never wanted to rip his clothes off.
Quentin is also undeniably a handsome devil, but you know that as soon as you gave him what he wanted he'd be on to greener pastures.
Joe is the handsomest man in Collinsport imo, and he's the loyal type. Just have to keep an eye on them bad things don't happen to him. He is the damsel in distress type, prone to mental instability and his sex appeal can lead to evil types using him for his body.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 12:07:10 PM »
It's like comparing apples to oranges.  Quentin for fun, drinks, parties and the possibility of a one night stand to look forward to.  Barnabas for attentively seeing to your wants and needs and putting you ahead of any one else ala Josette.  [ghost_grin]
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf