Author Topic: victoria in parallel time?  (Read 2916 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
victoria in parallel time?
« on: March 05, 2006, 08:52:05 PM »
o.k. i know i'm obsessing however...

i've been watching the the first several episodes of 1970 parallel time.it has a very unique feel.

but i can't help thinking it would have been really cool to have gotten alexandra moltke back for this storyline.
since alexandra wanted to play a villinous role yet dan curtis vowed never to cast her as a character other than victoria it could have a perfect opportunity to write the character during this time band as more complex or perhaps even evil.if well done it would have been a win-win situation.

it would have been awsome to see a not-so-nice vicki go head-to-head with angelique...and can you imagine barnabas' reaction to finding her here?!

since alexandra's departure was abrupt and this was only a three month storyline it would have been a cool way to send the character off.perhaps even in this time band she might have found some peace rather than the unfortunate fate she suffered in 'real time'. :(

p.s. i absolutely love p.t. hoffman!i also think p.t. elizabeth,roger and carolyn are very interesting characters as well.it's disappointing that they don't get more screen time.i guess they were mostly off filming the movie.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Re: victoria in parallel time?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 09:07:02 PM »
I totally agree with you. What a wicked treat for the fans that would have been.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 09:15:06 PM »
i can't help thinking it would have been really cool to have gotten alexandra moltke back for this storyline.
since alexandra wanted to play a villinous role yet dan curtis vowed never to cast her as a character other than victoria it could have a perfect opportunity to write the character during this time band as more complex or perhaps even evil.if well done it would have been a win-win situation.

it would have been awsome to see a not-so-nice vicki go head-to-head with angelique...and can you imagine barnabas' reaction to finding her here?!

I couldn't agree with you more. I've often speculated how wonderful it might have been had they included an evil Vicki or at least a Vicki with a bad attitude in 1970PT. Like you, I think it would have been amazing to see her go head-to-head with Angelique. It also would have been really interesting to see her relationship with Liz, her younger sister Carolyn, and her uncle Roger. (For some reason, I can just see PTVicki being PTRoger's favorite and the two of them being an absolute hoot together.) However, It never dawned on me to consider what effect Vicki's presence in PT would have had on Barnabas. That could have been absolutely fascinating to see. But alas...

p.s. i absolutely love p.t. hoffman!i also think p.t. elizabeth,roger and carolyn are very interesting characters as well.it's disappointing that they don't get more screen time.i guess they were mostly off filming the movie.

Well, they'll all be back once hoDS wraps and you've got some amazing stuff to look forward to with each of them.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 09:36:36 PM »
p.s. i absolutely love p.t. hoffman!i also think p.t. elizabeth,roger and carolyn are very interesting characters

What do you think of William Loomis and Carolyn Loomis?

D I V I N E!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 10:26:36 PM »
I would have loved to have seen a darker version of Victoria in parallel time. I think I would have enjoyed the PT storyline much more if she had been in it -as it is, I'm not a big fan of it.

Will & Carolyn were the only two PT characters I found interesting.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 11:56:38 PM »
That would have been fascinating!  An excellent premise.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 05:27:58 AM »
I agree it would have been most intriguing to see a PT Vicki ( played by none other than Alexandra Moltke, the quintessential Vicki ). Also a PT Nicholas Blair. It would have been interesting also to see flashbacks to PT 1967 or PT 1968, and see PT Sam Evans, PT Joe Haskell, PT Jason McGuire, PT Burke Devlin... Conspiciously absent from PT 1970 was Mrs. Johnson/Clarice Blackburn.

BTW the PT 1970 sure racked up one heck of a body count. Most of Collinwood's central characters bumped off: [spoiler]Alexis, Willie, Carolyn, Liz, Roger, Angelique,to name a few (I can't remember if Daniel, David's PT ringer, was killed in PT 1970 or not). Of course Cyrus Longworth and John Yeager also got knocked off.  Poor Roxanne, PT Angelique's downfall, was MIA in Collinwood's conflagration at the end of the storyline.[/spoiler]
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 04:34:26 PM »
but i can't help thinking it would have been really cool to have gotten alexandra moltke back for this storyline.

Totally, totally agree!  Although I have yet to see 1970 PT, I have read the concordance so know the plotline.  It would have been awesome to have an evil, and most important, INTELLIGENT, Vickie!  And to establish that she WAS Liz's daughter would have been the icing on the cake.  I also agree that it would have been fun to see how Barnabas reacted to her.  Wonder if he would have found Roxanne so captivating then, and if so, what a dilemma for him--to have to CHOOSE beteen the two.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 05:03:26 PM »
What a good idea :) What if AM played the of part Roxanne?

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 01:30:53 AM »
What a good idea :) What if AM played the of part Roxanne?

Wow, Julianka7, what an inspired idea :)  It would have made more sense for Barnabas to have feelings right away if she looked like someone he already had deep feelings for.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 05:42:27 AM »
So what role would an "opposite" Victoria play in the story?   Does she show up to steal their boy away?     A "debunker" of the supernatural whose plan is really to destroy the Coillinses through witchcraft?     The person the MOST suspicious of Barnabas?    A holy roller, the real "Trask" of PT?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Shadowsfan

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 06:04:59 AM »
I would have loved seeing Quentin in PT married to Victoria Winters .   Could you just imagine Barnabas' face as Quentin introduced his new wife Victoria to his cousin? 

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 07:12:18 PM »
just another thought.

since the main cast was away filming the movie for much of the storyline it would have been a great opportunity to bring back diana millay.perhaps in this time band she wasn't a pheonix but some other type of character.i want to see more of the familiar characters here.

i realize why this wasn't possible but i think it would have been way cooler to focus this storyline on the "parallel" versions of the main cast.they introduce us to potentially very interesting variations on liz,roger,carolyn and willie and then we see very little of them and the story focuses on "b-team" players like cyrus,sabrina and bruno(the cyrus/yeager plot is a dud for me.i do like buffy harrington however).

i know that characters like liz,roger and carolyn return later on but they still only appear in less than twenty episodes of this storyline and that ain't enough.

that said the angelique/alexis stuff is cool and it's great that david selby and lara parker get to do some great work here.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 08:53:05 PM »
just another thought.

since the main cast was away filming the movie for much of the storyline it would have been a great opportunity to bring back diana millay.perhaps in this time band she wasn't a pheonix but some other type of character.

That would have been cool, to see a NICE, normal Laura.  I think PT was a wasted opportunity unfortunately.  I too realize that the core cast was up in Tarrytown filming HODS, but still...I wish they'd done PT before filming on HODS began and we could have seen not only the core cast more, but had several charactors brought back (Joe, Sam, Burke, Vickie etc...) just to see how they'd be different in PT.   It's a shame really.  :'(
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 09:16:12 PM »
I think PT was a wasted opportunity unfortunately. 

That's how I feel about it too. I don't think they put enough thought into it, IMHO. Like you, I wish they had waited until the core cast was available.

I'm not too fond of Parallel time and I've always been more interested in the real time characters, but if they had used PT as an opportunity to let  the underused (by then) core cast shine and bring back some old favorites, I would have enjoyed it more.