Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0216  (Read 1210 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0216
« on: May 22, 2012, 03:37:19 PM »
Robservations - #216

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0216

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 04:01:45 PM »
Wouldn't you think that Bartender Bob would ask Jason what the heck is going on? In the prior episode, Bob is busy talking to a couple of guys at the end of the bar. This episode, there's no one but Willie and Jason at the bar. One would expect Bob to ask if there's a problem.

What do you suppose Carolyn keeps in that little armpit pocket on her dress? A toffee nip, maybe? Heh, heh...

Don't touch it.
No one can see it.
No one touches it!
I have to wonder how JK & DP got through this scene with cracking up.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »
Great work by JK. "I said I was sorry. I said I was sorry," he tells some unknown entity.

Those little armpit pockets were very popular once upon a time.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 12:12:22 AM »
Maggie and Joe are missing also. I thought Burke was missing, but he comes on from behind them. Willies make up has a darker tone to it in today's episode.  Willie has around on his arm.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 04:13:32 PM »
Willies make up has a darker tone to it in today's episode.
The makeup caused me to imagine Willie as a vampire.

Five years ago I watched this episode and was intrigued by Jason's loyalty to Willie, and hoped that the pre-Barnabas episodes that I hadn't seen would give me more of a clue.  Today I watched this episode and was once again intrigued - and find that the pre-Barnabas episodes make the relationship all the more intriguing.  Jason had every reason to be thoroughly fed up with Willie, and to drop him like a hot potato once Willie said he wanted to leave.  But Jason insisted on trying to make it possible for Willie to come back, and then when Willie fainted, he forced Liz to let Willie stay.

As Jason was reminding Elizabeth that she herself was no angel, I couldn't help but imagine a scenario in which Liz would be at peace with herself about the murder of her husband, and ready to see what advantages she could wrest out of being friendly to Jason - to the point where Jason would end up being as loyal to Liz as he was to Willie.  But Liz has spent nearly 20 years strenuously not accepting the fact that she's a murderess.  And maybe that's admirable of her - but I find that I'm not so sure.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 06:48:19 PM »
Good point about Elizabeth, Lydia. But I think her real intention is strenuously protecting Carolyn. Who knows what would have happened to baby Carolyn if Elizabeth had been arrested--foster care, an orphanage, abuse, who knows.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 05:04:57 AM »
DarkLady, I agree with you on that.  I'm thinking more about internal struggles on Elizabeth's part.  She seems to be stuck in a "That didn't happen" mode, rather than "That happened, and what did I learn from it?"

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 06:15:39 PM »
True, I agree she's in serious denial here--but then again, it would be pretty hard to admit to yourself that you killed a man, however justified you thought you were. So far, she seems to have learned desperation and maybe agoraphobia as well.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 12:26:55 PM »
Liz and all the Collins clan, were really into the protection of the Collins name. Just think about how that way of doing things have really hurt the family not helped it.  But Liz was mainly protecting Carolyn, she didn't want Carolyn to not have anyone. Also Liz was the respectable one.

JK is doing a great job during this time period of the show.  His make up is very similar to what they did with JF during the vampire periods. They haven't quite got there yet with Barnabas, but they will.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate