Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #158  (Read 2494 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
ShadowGram Update #158
« on: September 22, 2006, 02:24:52 PM »
Number 158.   September 21, 2006.

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), announces the following breaking news:

SHADOWGRAM ONLINE PREMIERE ANNOUNCEMENT

**** THE DARK SHADOWS FESTIVAL PRESENTS...
DARK SHADOWS 40TH ANNIVERSARY HALLOWEEN PARTY ****

Dark Shadows 40th Anniversary
Haunted Halloween Party
Thursday, October 26, 2006
7:30 - 11:00 PM

At the historic Vista Theatre
4473 Sunset Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 660-6639

Meet the DS stars in person and celebrate Halloween - all in one night!

--- Free autographs will be available from our guests:
David Selby (Quentin), Lara Parker (Angelique), Kathryn Leigh Scott (Josette), John Karlen (Willie), Jerry Lacy (Rev. Trask), Roger Davis (Jeff Clark), Chris Pennock (Jeb Hawkes), Robert Rodan (Adam), and Betsy Durkin (Victoria Winters #2).

--- Premiere performance: DS Composer Robert Cobert will conduct the first-ever live concert of his famous DS soundtrack music, including a recitation by David Selby of "Shadows Of The Night" ("Quentin's Theme").

--- Memorial Salute: Actress Barbara Steele will host a special tribute honoring DS creator Dan Curtis. She is best-known as the star of numerous Italian and British 1960s horror films such as "Black Sunday." She also starred as "Dr. Julia Hoffman" and "Natalie du Pres" in the 1991 DS primetime revival TV series.

--- Special Appearance by actress Karen Black, star of  the legendary 1975 TV movie "Trilogy Of Terror," produced and directed by Dan Curtis. On display will be the original Zuni fetish doll, her ferocious demonic "co-star" in the film. Fans may take pictures with the iconic doll.

--- In keeping with the Halloween theme, a first-ever "Barnabas Collins Look-Alike" contest will be held. Those who dress in costume as the vampire will compete to win the complete collection of MPI's upcoming "Dark Shadows - The Beginning" DVD boxed sets.

--- A wide variety of new DS merchandise will be available for purchase, including "DS - The First Year" book; Lara Parker's novel "DS - The Salem Branch"; 2007 DS Calendar; DS Action Figures; the Big Finish DS audio drama CDs; Kathryn Leigh Scott's novel "Murder In Prime Time"; David Selby's evocative "A Better Place"; music cds, photographs; and much more.

--- Door prizes will be given out and there will be an auction of unusual vintage DS memorabilia. Popcorn, soft drinks and candy will be available.

This unique DS evening will benefit the Alzheimer's Research Center at UCLA in memory of Dan and Norma Curtis.

Tickets are only $20 for adults, $15 for seniors & students, and $10 for children ages 6-12.

Tickets may be purchased at the door or in advance at the Vista box office after 2:00 pm (weekends) and 4:00 pm (weekdays).

Tickets also may be ordered via postal-mail. Please send your check of money order to:

Dark Shadows, P.O. Box 480726, Los Angeles, CA 90048.

Advance ticket buyers will receive a surprise DS gift!

The Vista Theatre is a beautifully-restored 75-year-old movie palace. It is located at the intersection of Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards, 3 blocks east of Vermont Ave., in the lovely Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles, near Hollywood.

For out-of-town visitors: The Burbank Bob Hope Airport is only about 7 miles to the north of the Vista and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is about 12 miles southwest of the Vista. For sleeping accommodations, approximately ½-mile from the theatre are the Hollywood Travel Lodge, 1401 N. Vermont Ave. 323-665-5735 and the Hollywood Ramada Inn, 1160 N.Vermont Ave. 323- 660-1788.

A full-color flyer for the event will be available online starting Sept. 23 at: www.collinwood.net/hollywood-halloween

**** An illustrated SHADOWGRAM SPECIAL BONUS ANNOUNCEMENT will be sent via postal-mail to all print-issue subscribers within a few days. The upcoming SG #109 and subsequent print issues will feature details, exclusive guest photos, and more about the event.

--- FAN SHARING: All fans joining us at the Halloween celebration are invited and encouraged to please send their reports and photos to ShadowGram at SG's postal- or e- mail addresses below. These will be shared with SG readers - including the DS cast and crew and fans worldwide - in the published SG newsletters, starting with the upcoming SG #109.  A complimentary Contributor's Copy SG print issue is given in thanks for major contributions.

This SG Online DS News Updates List will update all this news and print issue SG #109 will have the latest complete detailed developments, photos, reports, and additional information.

Thank you.

Marcy Robin

ShadowGram Editor / Publisher
Marcy Robin, P.O. Box 1766, Temple City, CA 91780-7766
E-mail: ShadowGram@aol.com

SHADOWGRAM (SG) is the * Official * "Dark Shadows" Newsletter. Much of its news is provided by the show's personnel and those involved in the 1966-71 TV series, 1991 TV series, and 2004 WB pilot. Established in 1979, SG works directly with individuals, companies, and others involved in DS' creation, distribution, promotion, merchandise, etc.

Regular SG print issues are published throughout the year, with free bonus complimentary breaking-news published updates as needed.

Brief Update bulletins are posted on this ShadowGram Online "Dark Shadows" News Updates List / Marcy Robin's ShadowGram "Dark Shadows" Cyberspace News Updates List. These posts are sent via e-mail between regularly-published issues to quickly notify fans of time-sensitive developments. Each e-mail Update is expanded and detailed in the subscription postal-mail print issues. You also can receive this identical SG Online Update by joining the ShadowGram Group at yahoogroups

SG postal-mail print issues are immediately available:
--- US & Canadian First Class subscriptions: $12.00 for 4 issues, $24.00 for 8 issues.
---Overseas Air Mail subscriptions: US $20.00 for 4 issues, US $40.00 for 8 issues.

Please send print issue subscription payment to:

Marcy Robin, P.O. Box 1766, Temple City, CA 91780-7766.

Online subscription payment can be made via Paypal to: ShadowGram@aol.com

For more information on the newsletter, please write with a SASE (Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope) to the above postal-address or e-mail ShadowGram@aol.com

Whenever your e-mail address changes, please notify me immediately. Please include your old and new e-mail addresses. If you do not wish to remain on the Online "ShadowGram / Marcy Robin's Cyberspace Dark Shadows News Update List," please notify me directly via return e-mail. Thank you.
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: ShadowGram Update #158
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 02:27:16 PM »
Sounds like fun, wish I could go.   :'(
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 02:51:34 PM »
--- Premiere performance: DS Composer Robert Cobert will conduct the first-ever live concert of his famous DS soundtrack music, including a recitation by David Selby of "Shadows Of The Night" ("Quentin's Theme").

I would LOVE to see this.  Is anyone going and taking a camera???
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 05:05:01 PM »
To whom do we make out the checks?  The Dark Shadows Festival?

ProfStokes

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 05:53:56 PM »
i saw nothing in that shadowgram about not being able to videotape so i plan on doing so.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 06:14:26 PM »

That would be the logical assumption.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 07:03:22 PM »
Yes, and you spell that M-s-C-r-i-s-e-y-d-e.  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 08:58:36 PM »
Yes, and you spell that M-s-C-r-i-s-e-y-d-e.  ;D
If your bank will indeed cash checks made out to M-s-C-r-i-s-e-y-d-e, then I'd like to open an account there and deposit some of these BobubasBucks.  ;)
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 11:12:32 PM »
The event is completely unrelated to the Dark Shadows Festival. I'll find out who to make the checks out to and post it here.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 11:45:45 PM »
The event is completely unrelated to the Dark Shadows Festival.
That's very interesting since SG specifically states:

**** THE DARK SHADOWS FESTIVAL PRESENTS...
DARK SHADOWS 40TH ANNIVERSARY HALLOWEEN PARTY ****

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 06:11:59 AM »
The event is completely unrelated to the Dark Shadows Festival. I'll find out who to make the checks out to and post it here.
Then I have a problem because I already sent my check out this afternoon and I made it out to the Dark Shadows Festival.  :-[

ProfStokes

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 07:13:09 AM »
did u send it to the los angeles address stated in the sg update? if so it mite be ok even if it has the added word "festival"in the pay to line. if u sent it to the maplewood nj address then hopefully it will just be sent back to u.

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 10:42:53 AM »
I'm told just make out checks to 'Dark Shadows.'

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
  • The more I live the less I judge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 01:53:34 PM »
  Man would I love to attend that party. You west coasters are a bunch of lucky cousins.  Elmont...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Haunted Halloween Party
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 04:12:14 PM »
From the [ gorgeous ] poster on www.collinwood.net:

"Appearing in person in costume as their original characters... Lara Parker (as Angelique the witch) and KLS (as Josette DuPres)"