Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0092  (Read 703 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0092
« on: November 08, 2011, 09:31:08 PM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0092
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 11:44:41 PM »
Intro to Frank. Yummy Frank.

About today’s food, I have this to say:
Who goes into a swanky restaurant and orders a grilled cheese sandwich? She might have at least ordered tomato bisque for dunking or a side salad. The extra playing the waiter is a nice touch. He even looks the part of the snooty server ready to serve up a lovely beef bourguignon and not a crummy cheese sandwich.

This whole Hanscomb thing seems ridiculous to me. I just don’t buy it. It’s lame. Absurd. Preposterous. That’s what it is. Preposterous.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 12:02:07 AM »
Oh, dear, did Vicky really think she'd learn anything from Richard Garner?  And did she really think he wouldn't tell Elizabeth all about her visit?  After all, Elizabeth pays for his services and Vicky doesn't

Who goes into a swanky restaurant and orders a grilled cheese sandwich?
Exactly.  And then Vicky left the crusts from her sandwich.  I guess she's intent on maintaining her slim figure (even if she does wear a robe that makes her look dumpy) but I hate seeing food go to waste.

I always think of Frank Garner as being eternally kind and chivalrous, while I think of Burke as being rougher.  But it was Burke who sat across from Vicky in the booth at the restaurant, leaving Vicky an escape route should she want one, while Frank sat next to her, squeezing her in.

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 02:23:50 AM »
I'm only partway through this one, but--  Yes Lydia, the thought occurs that you can never tell who anyone is from the first meeting.   It could be a learned performance.   

I don't know about swanky restaurants, but I remember having to resort to grilled cheese sandwiches in regular restaurants after I stopped eating meat.

Janet-- Of course I'm experiencing Frank Garner from a different glandular perspective, but my only thought was:  My, what a tidy, presentable young man.  If only those young people with their long hair and rock and roll would follow his example........  Dad says Frank's too young to know about Vicki's old document, but I think he was frozen in 1950 and thawed out recently.  Or it could be longer.   Dad (while looking ancient) seems more youthful and vigorous than Frank... maybe it's a "Second Hundred Years" situation, and Frank's the other's father!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »
Nice points about the food, guys!

Mr. Garner Senior tells Vicki that Collinwood used to have a full staff of servants--two chauffeurs, three cooks, an upstairs maid, a housekeeper, gardners, a handyman, and a butler. But no downstairs maid?

I like young Frank--he's very personable. He and Vicki would have had a nice romance if fate had allowed it. But I guess Vicki--who wanted to be a circus acrobat when she was younger--secretly wanted to walk on the wild side.

But Vicki is really naive if she thinks she can tell her whole story to Richard Garner without realizing that he'll promptly retail the whole thing to Elizabeth. Sheesh.