Author Topic: 1968  (Read 17634 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: 1968
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2007, 06:22:27 PM »
I can just imagine him sitting down all his other selves and writing on a chalkboard "Here's what you need to know if you go back to the present instead of me:

[lghy]  I love these!  [thumb]

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2007, 06:24:35 PM »
It's a pity that Alexandra's pregnancy and problems during led (partly) to her leaving the show when she did.  I mean Vicki did end up marrying Jeff/Peter and one assumes they consumated the marriage on their wedding night.  Alex could have gotten as big a house and no one would've batted an eye, since it would have been his baby.  Unless, there could have even been a whole "Rosemary's baby" storyline! :P
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2007, 06:59:19 PM »
Unless, there could have even been a whole "Rosemary's baby" storyline! :P

And she was a bit worried, and has stated in interviews, that DC might very well have done this had she stayed on.  And you just KNOW he we would have!  >:D
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2007, 06:59:27 PM »
It's a pity that Alexandra's pregnancy and problems during led (partly) to her leaving the show when she did.  I mean Vicki did end up marrying Jeff/Peter and one assumes they consumated the marriage on their wedding night.  Alex could have gotten as big a house and no one would've batted an eye, since it would have been his baby.  Unless, there could have even been a whole "Rosemary's baby" storyline!

Oooh, now THAT would have been an interesting plotline indeed! ;) 
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2007, 07:19:18 PM »
On a separate but related note ... Maggie didn't die in the experiment, so what exactly is her status as far as Nicholas' black mass over her beforehand.  Is she one of the darned and will join the legions of Heck led by the Prince of Insufficient Light after she shuffles off the mortal coil?

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2007, 02:21:33 AM »
Thanks MB! Glad you liked them! *wink*

And it would definitely need to be done, otherwise there would've been further continuity gaps.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2007, 04:14:27 PM »
I was musing this morning over poor Joe.  I am at the end of DVD collection 11

[spoiler]Joe has seen Chris turn into a werewolf and has gone off his rocker.  Question - he babbles about Tom. When did he ever actually see Tom the Vampire?  Tom's only victim was Julia. Also, since he was in the room with Chris when he changed, why isn't Joe dead?  I guess he got away that time.[/spoiler]

Anyway,a fter all that had happened to Joe, I was thinking how neat it would have been for Joe to remember how strange maggie was acting and her mysterious neck wound, and connect the dots that a vampire had been at work then too, and then after his trip to Crazy Town, he recovers, sort of, and returns to Collinsport and becomes an eccentric Van Helsing watch dog type, determined to find out who was responisble for Maggie and his Vamp problems, a sort of loose cannon, that Barn and Julia would not really want to deal with.  :)

Regarding Elizabeth:
[spoiler]I wasn't sure exactly what Cassandra was supposed to be in the episode where Liz appeared to die.  She appeared in Liz's dream, fine she was just a part of the dream.  But then she appears in Amy's bedroom when Liz is awake.  Is that actually Cassandra/Angelique or just the last part of the spell where Liz hallucinates Cassandra?  I lean toward the latter.[/spoiler]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2007, 06:25:43 PM »
Would have loved to have seen Joe come back, but would have hated it if he went after my favorite Collins guy! Especially since Barnabas would likely be forced to kill Joe before Joe could stake him or shoot him with silver bullets.

Unless of course it was in parallel time  and have a darker, more sinister Joe Haskell....that would be different....a Joe Haskell who's an expert on vampires, he just might have been a much better ally for Angelique than Hoffman. Not that I [spoiler]didn't appreciate the fact that RT Julia wounded up killing PT Julia....that was so crazy![/spoiler]

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2007, 08:55:00 PM »
It seems to me that the victims of the vampire always [or most of the time] forgot about their "victimization" after the vampire was destroyed or was no longer a vampire.  Convenient, huh?
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2007, 09:05:20 PM »
It seems to me that the victims of the vampire always [or most of the time] forgot about their "victimization" after the vampire was destroyed or was no longer a vampire.  Convenient, huh?
Hee hee execpt in Maggie's case.  I suppose the extremes of mental and physical abuse Barn put her through made a deeper impression... IIRC, every other single vampire attack did end with the victim losing all memory once the vampire was gone (Vicki, Carolyn, Joe (maybe))

But Julia remembered Tom (and who wouldn't?? HHHOOOTTT!!!)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2007, 09:28:24 PM »
Let's see if I can finish the 1968 remarks since 1969 has just started...

At end of one ep., "Written by Ron Sproat" was half covered over with "Gordon Russell", with "Russell" hanging off revealing "Sproat", indicating a last-minute change.  Did this happen, and why?

Eve and Ang outside Collinwood... just a coupla chicks in nightgowns (1 black, 1 white) standing around talking, one a Frankenstein monster/ghost and the other a vampire witch...  neither having any legitimaste business there.

Most of my notes at this point are just me going "cool!" when this or that happens, like Eve going back to 1795, then BC going after they've already been busy setting up 1897.

I thought perhaps Eve would snatch Peter Bradford from 1795, and mistakenly deposit him in the 20th century before Jeff Clark appears in our story, thus explaining how we got there.

Jeff: "Is there a law against opening your own coffin?"

I like clark dealing with the idea of being a ghost.

Nice full head of hair on Eve's skeleton.  Today they could have cloned her from that.   There's a lot of Hoffman suture work wasted.     Can you just imagine her, sewing away, whistling while she sewed....

Ang summoning Devil and subsequent descent into depths of Hell handled well.    The domain of the dead really came alive for me.   Now that I've seen Hell through the modern miracle of television, a few observations:

Satan has a lisp.

While he has a pretty nice office, I pictured him as the kind of guy who probably wouldn't let himself get stuck behind a desk.

Beelzebub gets a good one-liner in.    Blair denies he's going all soft and humanitarian because of loving Maggie, then Devil (through Maggie's mouth) says, "It's gratifying to know that you can still lie, Nicholas!"

Good for Ang, manipulating Satan as she does regular people!  Way to go under Nick's head!

Isn't it nice that Satan is letting Nick have a girlfriend?

Blair to Maggie: "Before... your Christ was born!"    Bit of a red flag.   Today it'd just mean he was a Goth or something, maybe.

I'll post this and continue in a minute.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2007, 10:05:26 PM »
Jeff: "Is there a law against opening your own coffin?"

Ang summoning Devil and subsequent descent into depths of Hell handled well.    The domain of the dead really came alive for me.   Now that I've seen Hell through the modern miracle of television, a few observations:

Satan has a lisp.

While he has a pretty nice office, I pictured him as the kind of guy who probably wouldn't let himself get stuck behind a desk.

One of the best lines ever to be sure!

And as for Satan and his office.... ROFLMAO. Seriously. I liked the ghostly wailing and stuff in the background, genuinely creepy, but I admit you'd think the Devil would have a much more suave sounding voice. Personally I imagine he'd sound very much like Christopher Lee.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2007, 11:56:37 PM »

Oh, you mean the reception desk in hell??!!  LOL!  ;)  Karlenfan and I ROARED over that the first time we saw it on the tapes back in the 90's!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2007, 05:32:38 AM »
Oh, you mean the reception desk in hell??!!  LOL!  ;)  Karlenfan and I ROARED over that the first time we saw it on the tapes back in the 90's!  ;)

Okay, another fine way of looking at it!!!   I'll look for brochures from local Hell businesses next to the desk next time!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2007, 06:43:31 PM »
At end of one ep., "Written by Ron Sproat" was half covered over with "Gordon Russell", with "Russell" hanging off revealing "Sproat", indicating a last-minute change.  Did this happen, and why?
More than likely, the writer's names were just taped on top of each other on the caption roller if no other credits changed.  Saves from having to incur the expense of creating a whole new roller where only one credit changed.

I recall see an ep where that taped over credt was flapping and just and shortly after is scrolled out of sight I saw  white flash that was the taped over credit coming completely loose and falling down! :D