Author Topic: Poking around the IMDB boards...  (Read 931 times)

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Poking around the IMDB boards...
« on: August 17, 2007, 04:44:30 AM »
Can anyone tell me a more specific version of this story?

"Mr. Edmonds and Mr. Frid were out dancing at some clubs one evening (durring the origional run of D.S.) and Mr. Edmonds got cought up in the moment and ended up dancing naked! Mr. Frid was so angry with Mr. Edmonds over this that he didn't speak to him for several weeks!"

"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Poking around the IMDB boards...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 04:47:50 PM »
Dear Housefly,

this story was told in the late Craig Hamrick's biography of Mr. Edmonds, BIG LOU.  There really weren't many more details beyond what was reported on the IMDB page, however.  I think there are other anecdotes regarding Louis' dedication to Nature in ALL its marvelous forms and manifestations... including nudity!

I have the original printing of BIG LOU, but I believe that before he passed away, Craig saw an enlarged edition through the press with more photographs and new material.  Maybe another fan here will post the details.  The book is well worth reading!

cheers, Gothick

David

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 06:30:19 PM »
After shooting my film Next Year in Jerusalem, Louis invited me out to his house, The Rookery.

I woke up in the morning to see a naked Louis watering his garden.
I whistled.
Said Louis, in a deep Southern drawl: "I'd love to kiss ya, but I just washed ma hair!!"

Absolutely a true story!

David

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 06:36:41 PM »
I suppose someone could always ask Jonathan Frid about the incident during the Q&A here at the fest tomorrow!?
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

David

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 06:49:37 PM »
My take on Frid is that it's best not to ask questions about incidents in his private life or anything to do with sexuality.

Since that's his choice, I think it should be respected.

David

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 06:54:48 PM »
That was my feeling as well, which is why I posted it here instead.

Just checked in - hotel's great so far! Now to find out how their mojitos are...
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 08:09:11 PM »
I wouldn't ask Jonathan Frid ANY personal questions at the Q & A.  I would just stick to his career, Shakespeare, etc.  I do remember at one of his spoken-word shows somebody asked him if he had ever been married or why he wasn't married (I honestly can't recall exactly which) and he made a very witty reply... which, of course, I now no longer remember!

If I were there and the Q & A wasn't a mob scene (fat chance of THAT), I'd ask him about his stint ten years or so directing The Lion in Winter with Marie Wallace.  I would be fascinated to hear his thoughts on that play...

cheers, Gothick