Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0071  (Read 1293 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0071
« on: October 10, 2011, 07:22:07 PM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0071
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 12:06:19 AM »
Great location shots today. One of my favorites is coming up soon.

The mention of coffee, lousy or good, is so constant on this show, I wonder if most of their sponsors were coffee companies. Sheesh!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »
This has to be the most location footage of any episode.

Roger takes Vicki on the Grand Tour of the Cannery--the Collinses have switched from whales to sardines!  [hall2_smiley]

At some point when Roger and Vicki are sitting in the diner, Roger's hat suddenly materializes on the table.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 01:46:30 AM »
At some point when Roger and Vicki are sitting in the diner, Roger's hat suddenly materializes on the table.

No...!!  I might have to watch again.   The third DS supernatural manifestation?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 08:54:53 AM »
What surprised me about the location shots was how long and flat the main street of Collinsport was.

I didn't notice the magic hat in the coffeeshop, because I was too busy thinking about the hair of the waitress.  Was that Susie?  Whoever it was, she needs to tie her hair back the way Maggie does, so it won't get in people's food.  Incidentally, if Roger wanted to treat Vicky to a nice breakfast, was that the best he could do?  Yeah, I suppose it may well have been, despite the length and flatness of Collinsport's principal street.  What a lot of trouble Roger went to, to hide the fact that his only reason for having anything to do with Vicky this morning was to get her alibi for him into the sheriff's report to the coroner!

The scene with Burke and Vicky at the front door of Collinwood made me think about lenses, because the distance from the front door to the drawing room door, and then to the windows, seemed quite long.  (It was also flat, but that didn't surprise me.)  When they do a shot from inside, to the left of the front door, looking up to the landing, it makes that distance seem far and the distance from front doors to living room doors narrow, so I guess they're using the exact same lens then.  I don't know anything about these things, but it's sort of fun when shots like that make even me think about them.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 03:19:29 PM »
Roger may have been doing the best he could for breakfast by taking Vicki to the diner. I suspect that at Collinwood, it's everyone for themselves as far as breakfast is concerned. I imagine Elizabeth is the earliest riser, so she probably makes the first pot of coffee of the day. Vicki probably makes breakfast for herself and David. Carolyn probably sleeps till noon. Roger's normal breakfast probably consists of his first martini once the sun is over the yardarm, so to speak, and about 11:00 a.m.

Interesting stuff about lenses, about which I know less than nothing. But nice to speculate.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 03:56:48 PM »
Roger's normal breakfast probably consists of his first martini once the sun is over the yardarm, so to speak, and about 11:00 a.m.

LOL!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 04:37:03 PM »
Thanks! I actually meant to say "AT 11:00 a.m."  [hall2_smiley]

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 05:09:27 PM »
When the show went to color, they still could have used some of the location footage alreasy taken as they were filmed in color.  Seems to me ,that if they were able to add the waves or lightining footage in later episodes, it wouldn't have been hard to use the others.

Other footage that could have been used for later episodes that were shown in color: the sheriffs car at the Collinwood door, the wharf, actual exterior shots of Collinwood, the Old House, Widows Hill,, the beach, even the cottage.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 06:18:16 PM »
Vickie says David wants her to meet his friends and Roger wants her to take a tour of the cannery.  Vickie naturally decides that she doesn't need to do her job, or ask her employer in person wether or not she can have the day off.  Just the other day Roger was encouraging David to dispose of Miss Winters, perhaps he should have consulted with him to make sure that he wasn't interfering with the plot. 
Great smug smile on Roger's face as Vickie leaves the police statiion, which seems quite large for a town the size of Collinsport.  Perhaps it's a countywide juristdiction
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 02:30:43 PM »
Vickie says David wants her to meet his friends and Roger wants her to take a tour of the cannery.  Vickie naturally decides that she doesn't need to do her job, or ask her employer in person wether or not she can have the day off.

Well, in Vicki's defense, she probably DID think that Roger was going to tell Elizabeth before they went off....perhaps she shouldn't have taken his word, but ah well.

Glad to see that Burke went back to being somewhat civil to Vicki, though I suspect he's still a bit peeved with her for sort of giving Roger an alibi. But watching this episode again I don't think he really believes she'd deliberately do anything dishonest...if he had he would have let her taken a cab back to Collinwood.

The diner may very well be THE best restaurant that Collinsport has to offer. I don't imagine there are a lot of fancy restaurants around.