Author Topic: Rev. Trask, the sinner...  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Rev. Trask, the sinner...
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2002, 03:43:49 AM »

The Brady Bunch did have a church scene in which Carol's sings on Christmas Eve after losing her voice and some how gets it back to sing. i beieve they were of one of the Christian faiths

jennifer

And I thought I had seen every episode of "The Brady Bunch" at least once!

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2002, 04:15:20 AM »

the witch hunts were long gone and yes it was against the law to hang witches  so they took a few liberties here!

jennifer

Actually, although most witch hysteria had died down by the early to mid 1700's, persecution and execution of witches continued well into the 19th century - and in some countries, into the 20th! I believe the last known execution in the U.S. was around 1775, and it's not inconceivable that in some remote, isolated villages (like Collinsport) persecution of witches was still going on.

The industrial revolution ended most witch hunts in the modern world, so the 1840 witchcraft trial of Quentin was the real stretch of the show.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2002, 04:46:02 PM »

Actually, although most witch hysteria had died down by the early to mid 1700's, persecution and execution of witches continued well into the 19th century - and in some countries, into the 20th! I believe the last known execution in the U.S. was around 1775, and it's not inconceivable that in some remote, isolated villages (like Collinsport) persecution of witches was still going on.

The industrial revolution ended most witch hunts in the modern world, so the 1840 witchcraft trial of Quentin was the real stretch of the show.

i looked up some of the witch hunts and couldn't find
anyone executed here in the US but in Europe in the 18th century but it could have happened Salem was our last big trial and it caused so much embrassment later
when they paid money to the families of the victims. I think it was stretching it a bit but made for a good story!

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2002, 07:32:04 PM »

And I thought I had seen every episode of "The Brady Bunch" at least once!

Vlad i think it was a Christmas one the first year cindy was small and Carol's hair was shorter before her shag Pretty sick that i remember this! ;D

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV