Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0882  (Read 1018 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0882
« on: November 10, 2009, 09:51:41 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0882
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 08:20:51 AM »
I saw it, says Charity, and it was "horrible."
I figure this is Pansy in the only slightly expurgated version.

All through this episode I was wondering: Why doesn't Quentin just go swimming?

We finally learned today why Angelique wants to marry Quentin, and what a silly reason it is!  Typical of Angelique.  So she needs somebody to fall in love with her.  Why didn't she hit on somebody a little more likely to be dazzled by her?  Some local fisherman who wouldn't be able to believe his good fortune.  As far as I can tell, there was no stipulation that she had to stay with the poor fool who fell in love with her.  And why didn't Angelique encourage Quentin's interest back when he showed some?  And I notice she never suggested that Quentin might be acceptable if he were in Petofi's body.

Angelique says her time on earth - in 1968, I gather - made her discontented with the everlasting pits of Hell.  Does this mean that before that, Hell was OK?  Oh, gosh, Angelique is strange and petty.

David Selby did an admirable job of acting sleepy – so soft and floppy, while inside his head he had to keep his lines straight.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 06:25:24 PM »
I have a hard time with Angelique's explaination.  If she is supposed to find a man to fall in love with her, I would not make sense that she forces him into marriage.  She should have learned that that doesn't work abnd I have a hard time that she is no longer in love with Barnabas.
At least she has the sense to send Quentin off in a carriage instead of waiting for a train.  Even a boat, they are on the coast of Maine in a fishing town the supposedly has enough business to support the throngs of thowaway prostitutes that Barnabas feeds on.
I well remember Charity trying to steal Petofi's glasses. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 06:33:06 PM »
I was surprised that skipping town was actually a viable solution for Quentin.   He couldn't escape Ang that way, but it works with Petofi?   Doesn't this seem too easy?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 07:42:54 AM »
Two things I know that will not keep you awake - Liquor and sitting by a roaring fire.

Awesome performance by Selby in this episode.

Oh! I must get a job as a bar wench at the House of Frivolities. Quentin!

Yeah, I don't buy Angelique's reasoning for her so-called love for Quentin either. What happened to her undying love for Barnabas?

Lara Parker was good in this episode too. But. The line, "I'm too human. Too jealous." Yeah, the jealousy thing is certain, but the "too human" part just ain't right. A too human person does not perform witchcraft to aquire love.

It amazes me that most of the women on DS are still quite beautiful. I often thought that they ought to do a "Project Runway" type thing at the Fests where they come out on stage shaking their booties to the tune of "I'm Your Venus".
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 05:03:03 AM »
I thought Angelique was extremely selfish and cruel when she said that if she loses Quentin, she'll be the one to choose how she'll lose him. She'd rather see him trapped in Petofi's body than as himself with Amanda. Of course, it's not really a shock, it is consistent with her past behavior (if I can't have him no one can).

She finally agrees to help him, but only if he promises to 'wait' for her to come back into his life once Amanda was long gone. It cheapens her finally agreeing to help him, but again it's not uncharacteristic of her.

Love how Charity/Pansy was willing to put herself on the line to help Quentin. She, unlike Angelique, was willing to do so without making Quentin agree to be hers one day and for that she gets my respect.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 12:03:05 PM »
Nice to know the Devil's stupid enough to accept Ang's ridiculous new deal with Q, but then the old one didn't make any sense either.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor