Author Topic: The Bodies of Barnabas  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The Bodies of Barnabas
« on: March 31, 2003, 11:38:22 PM »
There was not just the doppelganger Angelique created....

Remember that there is also the 1969 body that disappeared, it had to have gone somewhere...most likely it was in a "limbo" state as Barnabas' 1969
soul self was inhabiting his 1897 body, suppressing his 1897 soul self.  Most likely, Angelique had to use some magic to reunite the bodies with their proper soul selves and had the 1897 Barnabas rechained in his coffin (all taking place off camera).  I think the 1969 Barnabas' body may have been weakened and Julia was giving him the much needed medication to bring it back to normal.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:The Bodies of Barnabas
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 12:32:40 AM »
Why did the 1969 body disappear? Did the show offer an explanation? I can't remember.

dom

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 03:18:30 AM »
Why did the 1969 body disappear? Did the show offer an explanation? I can't remember.

dom

Edward had walked in on Barnabas when he was going to pop back to 1969 for a brief visit to ask Quentin who killed him.  The visit was unsuccessful when Edward threw the I Ching wands off the table.

Connie

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2003, 05:59:14 AM »
Ah...the many bodies of Barnabas!  Who can keep track of them?  LOL  (And none of them remember their lines)  No...sorry...sorry.    [uzi][gring]  <---Me

Offline boykading

• Junior Poster
  • Arggh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2003, 05:24:08 PM »
The bodies of B.?

Actually, I'm surprised Angie hasn't made one just for her own use. It might make her a little less cranky. [witch]

And while she's at it, I'll take one too!

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2003, 08:54:42 PM »

Actually, I'm surprised Angie hasn't made one just for her own use. It might make her a little less cranky. [witch]

Good one, boykading!  [a1f5]  LOL!!!
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2003, 11:13:42 PM »
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

There is a MASSIVE problem with the 1840/41 storyline.  Julia traveled to 1840 using the "magical staircase".  Barnabas, however, used the I Ching later and, as in 1897, his astro-self occupied his body in the coffin, while his physical body remained in the present (1970-71).  It never was drawn to the past as what happened to him in 1897.  Now, at the end of that storyline, Barnabas, Julia and Stokes (who also had used the staircase) took those wonderful stairs back to the present.  So herein lies the problem:  Barnabas sends his astral self back to 1840 to occupy his body in the coffin, and then used THAT body to return to 1971.  So what happened to the body he left in the basement of the Old House, sitting in a trance, in 1970?  It's still there.

Of course, that was just one major problem with the 1840/41 storyline resolution.  The other one is that they changed the lineage of family descendents, from Gabriel to Quentin I.  When Barnabas, Julia and Eliot returned to 1971, they should've found an entirely different family occupying Collinwood.  Of course, that would've made for a great storyline (seeing how the three muskateers try to correct that mistake to get the original folks back), all the actors/actresses playing different characters, but as we all know, the show was canceled after the 1841PT plot.

Gerard

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2003, 03:27:38 PM »
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Maybe Angelique, using her powers, resolved the bodies issue in 1840 as she did in 1897, off camera.

Remember that Edoth and Gabriel did have children away at school.  One of them still would have been the descendent of Liz and Roger.

It would have been interesting though, had the three returned to 1971 to be greeted by  "Arthur Collins" and his sister "Elysie Collins Stoddard"!