Author Topic: An Urgent Question For Count Petofi  (Read 873 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
An Urgent Question For Count Petofi
« on: February 14, 2003, 04:38:38 AM »
Hey gang,

Man, that was some fiery and explosive scene between Aristede and C. D. Tate yesterday.

I know that Charles demanded that he speak with the count to find out why he had been summoned to the tiny village  of Collinsport, ME.  However, I think that was just balderdash and poppycock on the part of the immensely talented and temperamental artist.

There can be only one reason why Charles sought to speak with the omniscient and King Solomon-like Petofi.  Charles wanted the learned count to answer a question of earth-shattering importance.  And, what was that question, you may ask?  Just who has the groovier, more perfectly-coiffed head of hair, Charles Delaware Tate or Aristede?

Yes, Charles D. Tate, with that flowing mop of flaxen hair (a la Brad Pitt) or Aristede, with that shining mass of dark hair, combed down in an artfully-styled pompadour (very much like the pompadour the late, great  George Harrison sported in "A Hard Day's Night).

I tell you, it would be a tough call even for the sagacious count to choose between those two Salon Selective dandies.

And, did you catch that large black hat with the wide brim and matching black cape on Charles?  He looked like a taller, younger version of the late author, Truman Capote.

And, as for Aristede, in that snazzy suit with the colorful cravat, he looked like the 18th century's answer to P. Diddy Combs.

Wow, if bartender Bob Rooney wants to keep up with these two young Beau Brummels, old Bob will have to get some Donatella Versace designer flannel shirts to wear while tending bar at the Blue Whale!

Bob the Bartender, who will gladly wait on frigid 42nd Street, freezing off his "caboose," just to catch a fleeting glimpse of Donna Karan, entering those Bryant Park tents at the Fashion Week Show.  Long live the Style Channel!!!

PS  If today's knife fight with Quentin is any indication, as a so-called "tough guy," the spindly Aristede makes a great Casper Milquetoast!

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: An Urgent Question For Count Petofi
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 05:21:07 AM »
I vote CDT on this one Bob, as Aristede's makes me want to [puke]

jennifer
SPRING IS IN THE AIR(at least training!)it will be
a frigid 4  degrees in am makes me want to head to Fort Myers!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2003, 05:39:37 AM »
Jennifer,

Yes, beautiful Ft. Myers on the so-called "quiet" west coast of Florida, adjacent to the exquisite Sanibel Island.  Now, if only the Collins family had a built a second mansion there instead of Tacoma, WA.  (Sorry, Tacoma!)

Bob the Bartender, who suspects that George Steinbrenner gets his "hair" done at the same place that Langley Wallingford does!  

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2003, 02:24:45 PM »
I haven't heard that phrase 'Charles Millquetoast'(sp) in years :-).  I think CDT looks quite ravishing with his little painter's smock and scarf tied around his neck. Brings to mind the painter Schoon(?) from Upstairs Downstairs when he paints the lively downstairs maid Sarah.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2003, 02:45:50 PM »
I haven't heard that phrase 'Charles Millquetoast'(sp) in years :-).

Yikes, I meant Casper not Charles. As I recall it was used to describe a weakling.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2003, 09:47:35 AM »
Jennifer,

Yes, beautiful Ft. Myers on the so-called "quiet" west coast of Florida, adjacent to the exquisite Sanibel Island.  Now, if only the Collins family had a built a second mansion there instead of Tacoma, WA.  (Sorry, Tacoma!)

Bob the Bartender, who suspects that George Steinbrenner gets his "hair" done at the same place that Langley Wallingford does!  

Heehee!

jennifer
i've been singin Center field all day!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV