Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0178  (Read 917 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0178
« on: March 29, 2012, 12:49:20 PM »

Watching Project

Re: Discuss - Ep #0178
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 07:13:01 PM »
The Robservations caps have now been posted for this ep.  [snow_smiley]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 09:03:17 AM »
Get a load o' them gams on Nancy...

"Tea isn't a drink, it's a liquid."-- Roger
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 05:40:08 PM »
Joe tells Dr. Guthrie that he lives in a white clapboard at the end of North Main Street, but doesn't tell him the house number. Then he jokingly tells Carolyn that if they're arrested, he wants her to bake him a cake--and that his favorite filling is a file.

Welcome, duffel bag with tools inside!

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 06:25:43 PM »
Roger caves to Carolyn’s wishes. About time he came around and admitted the possibility that something weird’s going on.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 07:14:18 PM »
Carolyn's leg models by the slate. Bring on the mini skirt. Laura eveals that David must come to her of his own free will which he seems to be doing, but maybe he has to lose all his fear. Roger has transferred his pet name for his sister to Carolyn who now is the Lucretia Borgia of Collinwood.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 01:09:19 AM »
Welcome, duffel bag with tools inside!

Chuckle....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 12:34:05 PM »
Argh, argh, argh, what happened to my post for this episode?  I know there was one.  Probably I was feeling sort of harried and hurried, and neglected to hit the post button before logging out.  So I'll try to remember what I had in my post.  Again, argh.

What wasn't in the post, but what comes back to me as I read the Robservations, is that when Guthrie said he wanted to see what was inside Laura Murdoch Stockbridge's coffin, my immediate thought was: "A dead chicken."

There was the obligatory compliment to Louis Edmonds.  I can't help it.  He's just so good at what he does.   Ah, yes, now I remember.  What got me in this episode was how well he does the unexpected streak of integrity that runs through Roger.  A lesser actor would make the two sides of Roger - a) jerk and b) honorable human being - look like bad writing, but Edmonds makes Roger look three-dimensional.

Oh, and there was the obligatory putdown of Dr. Guthrie, who just sort of thought that the door to the crypt would surely be unlocked, because if he thought otherwise, then he would have to plan a way to get in.

And there was a perfunctory compliment to Nancy Barrett on her performance.  My feelings about her performance were anything but perfunctory, but I felt, and feel, no need to elaborate.

And that was it, I think.  Except, yet again, ARGH!

Note: the spellchecker accepts ARGH but not argh.