Author Topic: Info on Pre-Barnabas DVDs  (Read 7663 times)

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Info on Pre-Barnabas DVDs
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 02:56:12 PM »
aren't products supposed to be cheaper when you cut out the middle man and get them directly from the manufacturer? i don't get what they're doing
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 03:57:07 PM »
Would DS fan club members be offered a discount of some kind on the dvds if purchased through MPI?

Nope, you'll be paying $20 MORE than if you bought them on Amazon, which I'm sure they'll eventually do because they are going to lose money until they offer them to EVERYONE, not just club members!
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 06:58:21 PM »
Club members get a discount on the bobbleheads. And I could be wrong, but don't they also get a free display case for them after they buy them all?

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 07:13:23 PM »
Discounts on the dvds would be more desired. I can understand why people might not be satisfied with the bobblehead thing. Not everyone's interested in collecting them.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2006, 07:50:43 PM »
Discounts on the dvds would be more desired.

That's probably very true.

Not everyone's interested in collecting them.

Exactly - I haven't bought them. But from MPI's standpoint, the discount on the bobbleheads is apparently an incentive for club members, who are already buying the DVDs, to buy additional merchandise. MPI IS in business to make money, after all - so, the discount offers they come up with are naturally going to be designed with an eye to increasing their bottom line and not necessarily with an eye to simply saving their customers money on the primary product they're most interested in. Any business is going to be working from the viewpoint that they've already got customers interested in one product (with MPI, the DVDs), so how can they also move other merchandise (in this case, the bobbleheads) that those customers might also be inclined to buy if given an incentive.  ;)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2006, 07:59:57 PM »
Club members ... don't they also get a free display case for them after they buy them all?

It's available to club members for $1 after a year of membership, regardless of whether they've purchased any additional bobbleheads or not.  And according to their website, it's not available to non-members, or at least it isn't right now.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 08:41:47 PM »
If ONLY MPI offered THE SILVER FILIGREE PEN.  [b003]

How incredibly foolish of them to think more people might be interested in Barnabas/Quentin/Werewolf/Josette bobbleheads.  ::)  >:(

;D

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 11:16:36 PM »
If ONLY MPI offered THE SILVER FILIGREE PEN.  [b003]

I suspect only a rare few of us lunatics would be willing to pay the price for a Sterling filigree pen.   ;)
I doubt MPI would be willing to risk the investment....... ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 11:29:27 PM »
I suspect only a rare few of us lunatics would be willing to pay the price for a Sterling filigree pen.

Nonsense! No self-respecting DS fan should be without one. It should be placed on a shelf of honor along with a stake and hammer, a jewel encrusted medallion, a cross, a filled brady decanter and a few snifters, a voodoo doll and pins, a bleeder valve, and, of course, assorted hair bows/ribbons and hairpieces/wigs (particularly a black wig for when you want to go completely incognito so that no one could ever possibly recognize you  ;)).

But what does MPI sell? DS boxers. Puhlease!! I ask you: When did a pair of boxers ever figure into a DS plot?!  ::)  >:(

[lghy]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2006, 12:10:54 AM »
But what does MPI sell? DS boxers. Puhlease!! I ask you: When did a pair of boxers ever figure into a DS plot?!  ::)  >:(  [lghy]

Oh My Goddess.....that was the hardest I've laughed in a long time...... [stfl]

But really.....wasn't one of the paperback novels entitled "Barnabas, Quentin, and the Boxer Shorts"?  [vryevl]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 12:32:59 AM »
No, that was "Barnabas, Quentin and Joe Louis"

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2006, 05:43:09 AM »
Nonsense! No self-respecting DS fan should be without one. It should be placed on a shelf of honor along with a stake and hammer, a jewel encrusted medallion, a cross, a filled brady decanter and a few snifters, a voodoo doll and pins, a bleeder valve, and, of course, assorted hair bows/ribbons and hairpieces/wigs (particularly a black wig for when you want to go completely incognito so that no one could ever possibly recognize you  ;)).

I do agree and am saving a spot right next to the filled...er... make that empty brandy decanter.  You know, perhaps MPI realizes that the majestic glory of the silver filigree pen can never truly be duplicated for mass consumption.  The new pens would surely pale in comparison to the TRUE pen.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2006, 06:19:46 AM »
You know, perhaps MPI realizes that the majestic glory of the silver filigree pen can never truly be duplicated for mass consumption.

unlike Josette's Music Box  :-
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2006, 06:52:47 AM »
"The title "Collector's Series," which was utilized when those episodes were issued on VHS video, will not be used for the DVDs. These 6 DVD releases, to be issued throughout 2007, initially will be available exclusively through MPI."  Shadowgram 153 (Emphasis added)

I'd like to point out the word "initially".  Of course, this could mean anything.  However, as I read this word in context it would indicate that the DVD club gets it first and then the secondary channels come.  It could also be that we have a mis-wording by the author and "initially" is an extraneous word.  However, I'm taking the "initially" to be hopeful even if it comes 1 year later.  I've waited this long.  Another year makes no difference to me.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2006, 03:39:44 PM »
However, I'm taking the "initially" to be hopeful even if it comes 1 year later.  I've waited this long.  Another year makes no difference to me.

Me too VW!
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"