Author Topic: Halloween at Collinwood?  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
Halloween at Collinwood?
« on: October 31, 2006, 04:29:15 PM »
Everybody's "Happy Halloween" got me to wondering just how the Collins family would celebrate the holiday?  [vampy] Would there be a line of little kids knocking on the big front doors?  A jack-o-lantern in every window?  [hall2_cheesy]  Or would the family hunker down in the depths of the great house, watching movies on the never-seen tv set waiting for the evening to pass?
[_witch_]
Inquiring minds (ok, possessed, maybe) want to know!!!!

Judy
[angl]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween at Collinwood?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 04:38:50 PM »
Heck, EVERY day at CW was Halloween!!   [hall2_wink]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
  • The more I live the less I judge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 05:04:50 PM »
I hear ya Buzz but if they were to celebrate, it would have to be a pretty freaky night.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 05:38:46 PM »
I hear ya Buzz but if they were to celebrate, it would have to be a pretty freaky night.

As compared to every OTHER night at CW??!!   [hall2_wink]
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 05:47:42 PM »

LOL!!!   [hall2_grin]   Yes, exactly.  So, aside from the obvious...what sort of "show" would they put on for the Unsuspecting Citizens of Collinsport?  Would it be all candy treats and fun?  Or would the theatre be dark that night?  (ok, ok, except the theatre isn't ever dark, is it?  There's always the ghost light...)

Judy
[angl]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 06:02:02 PM »
I think the residents of Collinsport know to get the hell out of town on Halloween!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 06:19:58 PM »
I think Collinsport is really decorating for Halloween.  I don't know how your town decorates for Christmas, but ours is a bit to much.  Well, switch that around, and you've got Halloween in Collinsport.  There's a parade, ghost, witches and goblins decorating downtown.  The Blue Whale is serving up a 'Black Zombie' and after the 'trick or treat' there is a party at Collinwood. [candle_in_skull_2]

Sounds like fun to me.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 07:04:20 PM »
I can just imagine kids in their costumes coming up to the gates of Collinwood, dogs howling in the woods, the little kids saying "I don't think we should go up there" and the older kids saying "Oh c'mon ya scaredy cat!"   >:D

David

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 07:13:38 PM »
 [hall2_grin]

They all go into the East Wing, cross over into Parallel Time, and watch the classic horror marathon on TCM over at Buffy Harrington's, who had a TV!

David 

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 07:21:54 PM »
Collinwood is waaayyyy up on Willow's Hill, so I don't think kids would go trick-or-treating there no matter what.  I do imagine, though, that adults in Collinsport are amazed at how many "Kids" in such vastly realistic costumes show up for treats each October 31st.

Myself,  I imagine a costume party at Collinwood each Halloween, where everyone dresses up like their ancestors.  Only since the ghosts show up, it all gets terribly confusing and Roger is no help at all--he polishes off a couple of decanters of brandy in the first hour or so then starts arguing with Edward, Daniel and Joshua Collins over who is who.  Elizabeth keeps telling Carolyn to stop coming as Millicent because she gets too far into character, which puzzles her because she never comes as Millicent, although she herself is always astonished at how gallant Willie manages to behave when he pretends to be Desmond Collins (which puzzles Willie 'cause he's never invited to these windigs).

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 07:32:45 PM »
I imagine a costume party at Collinwood each Halloween, where everyone dresses up like their ancestors.  Only since the ghosts show up, it all gets terribly confusing and Roger is no help at all--he polishes off a couple of decanters of brandy in the first hour or so then starts arguing with Edward, Daniel and Joshua Collins over who is who. 

LOL Zahir!   I can hear Louie Edmonds playing out that scenario!  [hall_cool]
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 07:37:28 PM »
Heck, EVERY day at CW was Halloween!!   [hall2_wink]
Oh yeah!  Yet, in some odd way it makes me think that Halloween might turn out to be the one night of the year when nothing weird really happens - kind of a paranormal night off - no storms, no creatures of the night, no ghosts, no eccentric relatives popping in.  Everyone just hangs out in the drawing room reading, watching TV (I'm leaning toward it being hidden away on the fourth wall we never see - I also think David has a portable B&W stashed in his room) or discussing David's school work. Out of boredom, they all yawn and decide to turn in around 10 p.m. in order to rest up for the next 364 days of hell raising and havoc.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 07:48:11 PM »
That party sounds like it would be an absolute hoot and a half, Zahir!  [hall2_grin]  But for the 18 years that Liz was holed up in Collinwood, it's proably likely that Halloween was the Collinses least favorite time of year because in Ep #21 Liz remarks about how Carolyn used to come home from school crying because the other kids accused Liz of being a witch. And considering how protective Matthew was of Liz, he probably patrolled the grounds every Halloween just to keep each and every trick-or-treater/thrill seeker away.  [hall2_undecided]  But it's certainly nice to think that, after Liz finally found out the truth and actually ventured into Collinsport on a regular basis again, maybe they might have begun to look at Halloween differently.  [hall2_smiley]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 07:59:57 PM »
I can just imagine some trick-or-treaters going to the Old House. Barnabas answers the door with his fangs bared....all the kids go running away scared except one smart-allecky kid who says "hey those things are so fake!"

Then Barnabas leans closer to the child and says "Would you like to find out?" And he leans closer and closer and closer with his fangs wide.....

then the kid realizes the fangs ARE real, and he goes running out screaming into the night!!! [hall2_grin]

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
  • The more I live the less I judge
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 08:08:58 PM »
Maybe the Collins family dress up as poor people and go trick or treating in Collinsport. Afterward they all hit that party at the Blue Whale that TERRY308 spoke of. Just a thought.