Author Topic: Least favorite Roger Davis character?  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
Re: Least favorite Roger Davis character?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 02:52:13 PM »
I didn't really mind Peter, he wasn't so angry as other future characters that RD played.

My least favorite character would be Jeff. He was constantly angry, bossy and belligerent.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007, 01:13:54 AM »
Resurrecting another old topic (well since October of last year) since I have to have my say about the Roger Davis characters.

I concur with what everyone has said but no one mentioned the number one reason why he's so annoying. His voice is abrasive two pieces of sandpaper rubbing together. He overplays every role he has, and they're all exactly alike. No range as an actor. It seems Roger was Dan Curtis' golden boy since he kept bringing him back over and over. In order of how much I despised each one:

1) Ned Stuart--gak, [spoiler]touchy feely touchy feely on his sister, it was so revolting. His manner of demanding answers of Chris just ticked me off. How he just barged into Chris' cottage and parked himself on the sofa without being asked, I wanted him to take the next train out of town. I felt sorry for poor Sabrina.[/spoiler]

2) Jeff Clark, who was so bossy with Vicki. If I'd been her I wouldn't have put up with it for a second. Though I don't like the age difference between Vicki and Barnabas I wanted him to show up Jeff Clark as the better man. Then his constant [spoiler]who am I? Am I Peter Bradford? Am I Jeff Clark? Who am I? I wanted to tell him I don't know who you are but I know what you are![/spoiler]

3) Charles Tate, since he [spoiler]painted Amanda Harris bringing her to life. I can't forgive him for that. The so called "perfect woman" Oh give me a break. The perfect woman who wears enough makeup to choke a horse! The perfect woman doesn't need all that makeup! Eventually he becomes Harrison Monroe but I don't have much to say about him.[/spoiler]

4) Peter Bradford. I started out liking him but once again his abrasive manner just ticked me off. I did find it romantic when at the last he [spoiler]promised to meet Vicki through time but in a way we could ask, "Is that a promise or a threat?" lol[/spoiler]

5) Dirk Wilkins. He was the least annoying of Roger's characters since he usually spoke with a more normal tone of voice. And he looked good in a moustache.

Count me among those who hate that scene in the Leviathan storyline when [spoiler]Peter shows up to rag on Jeb for pushing Vicki off Widow's Hill. Though it wasn't Roger's fault he was involved in this atrocious scene, it sort of figures that this annoying actor would be part of what seems to be everyone's most hated scene.[/spoiler]

Alondra
[/b]

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 01:39:00 AM »
2) Jeff Clark, who was so bossy with Vicki. If I'd been her I wouldn't have put up with it for a second. Though I don't like the age difference between Vicki and Barnabas I wanted him to show up Jeff Clark as the better man. Then his constant [spoiler]who am I? Am I Peter Bradford? Am I Jeff Clark? Who am I? I wanted to tell him I don't know who you are but I know what you are![/spoiler]
Good one, Alondra! ITA! >:D
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 01:56:18 AM »
I'll go with Jeff Clark, he was just so grating and loud and bossy and rude and completely unlikable, and it just went on for soooooo long.  Of course Ned Stuart was worse, but I've only seen him for a short period of time.  I actually sort of liked, or at least didn't especially dislike, most of his other characters.  Tate was tolerable, Bradford was okay, and the caretaker of Collinwood in 1897 I thought worked pretty well.  Sort of liked him in that role.

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 02:10:27 AM »
... and the caretaker of Collinwood in 1897 I thought worked pretty well.  Sort of liked him in that role.
I thought he was interesting as Dirk, too. Worst role for me was Ned Stuart. And in all of his roles I hated how hard he shakes people!
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia