Author Topic: A couple of fest. questions  (Read 1429 times)

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
A couple of fest. questions
« on: August 10, 2007, 08:17:49 PM »
I have a couple of questions about the fest. and being new here I'm not real sure where I should post them. If this is the wrong place I am truely sorry.

The first one, how should one dress for the banquet? I was thinking coat and tie but was wondering if that would be ok. How should one dress for the rest of the fest?

The second one is, is it common for cast and crew of the show to show up without being listed to appear? Denise ( Amy Jennings ) Nickerson says on here web-site that she will be there. I was just wondering if we should expect others.

Thank you and I hope to see you all there.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Re: A couple of fest. questions
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 06:01:28 AM »
First, welcome to the forum.

To answer your first question:

People dress differently for the banquet. Some go with casual dress--last year I wore kakhi's with a collared shirt and some nicer shoes. Some wear a button up shirt and a tie, with slacks and dress shoes, and still others go the entire suit and tie route. So, basically, anything from casual dress up is pretty much good, if you want to dress up. As for the rest of the fest, I just wore whatever I felt like--shorts and a t-shirt, etc. Pack a light jacket, because even though we're in a heat wave this summer, last year I found myself getting chilly a few times throughout the weekend.

And to answer your second one, I"m not sure how common it is for cast and crew to just show up. I mean, anyone is welcome, and they may be adding people to the guest list of stars all the way up to the week of the actual fest, so I'd just keep an eye out on the ShadowGram email updates, and if you don't hear anything at all, then look around for Denise at the fest, and, if you find her, get some alone time with her to talk!

Hope this helps. See ya there!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 11:54:17 AM »
It helps alot, thank you.

Talk about heatwaves, it's been above 100 the last 6 days here. I'm looking forward to the cool temps up there!

Again thanks for the info.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 06:04:50 PM »
Denise Nickerson is NOT attending the DS event next week.  Her website is promoting a 2004 Fest appearance, not this one.

I'd bring a light jacket with me becauise the air conditioning in these hotels can be jacked up too high and you can get chilly.

Welcome!

Nancy

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 03:36:41 PM »
Pack a light jacket, because even though we're in a heat wave this summer, last year I found myself getting chilly a few times throughout the weekend.

Some excellent advice.  It does get rather chilly in the main room and you will want a sweater, light jacket or sweatshirt.  In fact last year in Brooklyn it was so cold MPI cleaned up selling their DS sweatshirts.  They even joked, when the hotel got complaints about how cold it was and finally turned down the AC, that they were going to ask the hotel to jack it up again so they could have another blow out sale.

As Brandon has pointed out, some ppl get really dressed up (we once had a guy at our table in full Marine Dress uniform-yummy) for the banquet and some wear what they wore all weekend.  During the weekend itself most ppl wear jeans, shorts, teeshirts etc...and others still wear costumes all weekend.
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 08:54:52 PM »
I think it is downright freezing in those rooms sometimes. It's fun to dress up for the banquet but it seems there is always something big scheduled right before and then hords of people line up for the banquet ticket. Not too much time to waste.
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 09:17:16 PM »
I remember the biting cold last year inside the hotel. I found myself going OUTSIDE to warm up. lol. I didn't bring a jacket or a sweater or anything, so I was freezing most of the time.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 03:49:31 AM »
Some excellent advice.  It does get rather chilly in the main room and you will want a sweater, light jacket or sweatshirt.  In fact last year in Brooklyn it was so cold MPI cleaned up selling their DS sweatshirts.  They even joked, when the hotel got complaints about how cold it was and finally turned down the AC, that they were going to ask the hotel to jack it up again so they could have another blow out sale.

Yeah I was one of those who bought a sweatshirt! I am packing it just incase!!!!!!  :P