Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1004  (Read 2648 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1004
« on: May 20, 2010, 11:08:20 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1004
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 11:40:31 PM »
Johnny Carson used to refuse to put makeup on his hands, so that when he put his hand to his face, you could see the skin tone was different.   Same with Lara Parker today.

Nice statement of purpose from PT Angelique.   Where's Paula Lawrence's accent from?   Hannah is Ang's Willie.   Q, it's not really a "suit" if the pants don't match.   Is Hannah's bird hypnotized in his close-up?   Or just dead?

Ghosts don't know the future do they?   [spoiler]I suspect that Q hanging was a total red herring.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 01:17:01 AM »
I was sort of startled by the way Angelique spoke of herself as "the dead" to her Aunt Hannah.  Usually it would take time for a person to become accustomed to such a major change in status.  But it's not giving Angelique any trouble whatsoever.  We know, from the way she described her murder to Hannah, that she didn't plan to die, but I suppose that when she told anybody and everybody that she would come back if she died, she had some concrete ideas in mind, rather than just a determination not to be extinguished.

I keep being surprised by how short Trask is compared to Quentin.  I remember Reverend Trask of 1795 as short as well, but I always think of Gregory Trask of 1897 as rather tall.  Was Jerry Lacy wearing lifts for the 1897 storyline?  I have to add, it's always a joy to see Trask the butler.  When he told Dameon's spirit that Dameon should be going after Bruno, not himself, I suddenly had a vision of the two of them, pumped up on adrenalin or whatever, holding Dameon down while Bruno does the murder and Trask tells Bruno to hurry up.

Ghosts don't know the future do they?
Sarah indicated to David the death of a certain person was imminent.  It is conceivable that as a living person approaches death, a ghost can feel the nearness of the living person to dead people's territory.  But what I don't get is why Dameon should want to be unpleasant to Quentin.  It is clear that Quentin had nothing to do with Dameon's death.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 02:05:10 AM »
It's not clear that he had nothing to do with Ang's death though, and maybe Dameon's mad about that.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 04:46:41 AM »
4/30/70

YAY! MY 1900th post! God status here I come!

Once again we have the fake dummy legs play the part of Fred! LOL!  Creative though!
Now someone tell me how Hannah is supposed to carry out the body of a such a big man, burn it and bury it??
Again I absolutely love Hannah's very 70’s hippy home and look!  It's really interesting to see a “Trask” who actually looks like a gentleman besides you Magnus of course! ;)  

I love the twinkling music playing when Angelique comes into the house.  “Maggie’s a child!” Quentin  
The color looks kind of funky today—very washed out! Anyone else seeing this?  

I love the trippy music playing under the voices after the break.  Well Bruno has finally came to his sense @ the wrong time!  
Hannah sure has plenty of babbles on her hands.  Cue dream sequence music—time for a dream! Actually it was very nice dream. Very creepy!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 05:06:04 PM »
Hanna rolled the body out on a dolly that she uses to move the Chineese Boxer, (the green animal).
Of course she had to move it out in the old rug used for moving dead bodies.

I like the effect of image or lights in Quentins dream. It was odd that the hanging body was wearing
the same pants.  But then Quentin might by them in bulk, like Barnabas buy his capes.

I felt that Angelique was acting differently than Alexis might, she was a little bit more sly. Bruno didn't
pick up on it.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 11:21:16 PM »
Wasn't the pants though supposed to represent Q being the one who was hanging??
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 08:08:27 AM »

I think loril meant-- what are the odds he'd commit suicide later in the same pants he happens to be wearing right now?

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 11:09:42 PM »
Hadn't thought of it that way.  Thanks [ghost_wink]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 11:31:15 PM »
So if Quentin wants to avoid hanging himself, he should burn all of his pairs of pants that look like that.  Preferably in Eagle Hill Cemetery (which is probably named Blue Whale Hill Cemetery in parallel time) with somebody doing an appropriate incantation.  Gosh, if only Philip Todd had thought of that!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 01:22:23 AM »
Preferably in Eagle Hill Cemetery (which is probably named Blue Whale Hill Cemetery in parallel time)... 

LOL!

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 05:02:13 AM »
So if Quentin wants to avoid hanging himself, he should burn all of his pairs of pants that look like that.  Preferably in Eagle Hill Cemetery (which is probably named Blue Whale Hill Cemetery in parallel time) with somebody doing an appropriate incantation.  Gosh, if only Philip Todd had thought of that!

Bravo, standing ovation. This made me smile after a tough day.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 06:06:53 AM »

You know what I noticed about those pants? The shot of Quentin's back legs walking look just like Olivier's pants in Rebecca.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 06:10:33 AM »
The petrified cockatoo in Hannah's far-out pad is just plain creepy.

Not too much to say about this episode. The only thing that made me happy was the shot of Quentin lying on the sofa. Hummina, hummina, hummina...
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 10:44:36 PM »
Bruno to Angelexis:  "I never thought I could be fooled so easily."
Well, I'm sure everyone on this board wasn't the least bit surprised.

Angelexis to Quentin:  "When I heard that you had married again, I was quite surprised."
Good fake by Angelique, because I'm sure that learning about Quentin's remarriage made her quite pissed.

We learned Fred was a drifter who took a job as a handyman at the Old House.  Yeah, DS even stole ideas from itself.

I know the voiceovers are being used to explain Barnabas' absence, but lately they seem to be saying that Barnabas would be fighting the evil happenings if he could (but he can't, so he isn't), and that makes me wonder why we're supposed to assume that Barnabas would want to save these dysfunctional strangers, especially after what one of them (Will) did to him.