Author Topic: Adams Chronicles: mini-series with DS personnel: great sale price at Amazon  (Read 1244 times)

David

The PBS miniseries The Addams Chronicles (1976) which Sam Hall wrote and (I think) Robert Costello produced, is on sale at Amazon.
You can get the $60 box set new for $14!

Several DS cast members have roles in this superb production.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
That is an excellent price - especially when I recently saw it in a store for $49.99!

David

I just ordered it. Who knows if this price will last?
DS cast members in the series include Nancy Barrett, Addison Powell, Robert Gerringer and John Beal.

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Wow!  thats   a  great  price  thanks David for the  info.
                         Love  Anne [ghost_smiley]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

David

[ghost_smiley]
Hi, Annie!

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Dang. The Adams Family Chronicles. I hoped I was finally gonna see Robert Gerringer's ill-fated turn as Gomez.
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
With a bewigged Nancy Barrett as Morticia, and Addison Powell as Uncle Fester?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Dang. The Adams Family Chronicles. I hoped I was finally gonna see Robert Gerringer's ill-fated turn as Gomez.

LOL  Will fix the topic titles.  Here's a link, btw, and I hope you got the new price of $9.26, David. http://www.amazon.com/The-Adams-Chronicles-George-Grizzard/dp/B0013NAML0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341854118&sr=8-1&keywords=adams+chronicles+dvd

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
That's really interesting that Newbury Comics is selling the set for $9.26 because one of their stores is where I just saw it for $49.99.

And I thought I'd gotten a great price when last year I bought it directly from Amazon for $11.99...

David

Just got my email from Amazon--it's on the way. I paid $14 ($17 including shipping)
$9 would have been nice, but $14 is still such a huge saving, I ain't complaining!

I believe that Gerringer played Grandmama.
[ghost_grin]

David

Just got the box set. I haven't watched it yet, but I ran thru the closing credits of each episode looking for DS related names.

Sam Hall wrote 3 episodes, Robert Costello produced the whole thing.
To the names mentioned above, add Cavada Humphrey and Valerie French (Mrs. Thayer David)
Also DS day players William Shust & Alfred Hinkley.

And All My Children fans will be delighted to see a very, very young Julia Barr.

The series looks marvelous. I'll start it this weekend.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I am curious about this but don't know when I'd have time to watch it, so don't know whether to purchase or not ... was the series done on video or film? I notice that amazon has now raised the price.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

David

Shot on video like most PBS productions of the period.
but the sets/costumes are awesome!

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I did decide to order it. A lot of people here must have ordered it after seeing this thread, because the status changed from "In Stock" to "Only 17 copies left" to "fulfilment by ... [an outside company]" in a matter of a couple of days last week. I received my copy in the mail yesterday. The sticker on it says "new," so hopefully that's the case. Haven't opened the packaging yet. I remember the Bi-Centennial and what an important time that was. It seemed that the country came together in a spiritied way ... everyone watched the "Bicentennial Minute," at least for the first few months they were broadcast.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995