Author Topic: Question #3: Ralph Ellis  (Read 1580 times)

Offline danfling

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Question #3: Ralph Ellis
« on: November 13, 2003, 03:48:08 PM »
Could someone tell me if Ralph Ellis had even written anything prior to his sole script of a Dark Shadows episode?

I know that he later was a headwriter for The Guiding Light and As the World Turns and also wrote for Loving.

And, I beleive that he was an actor on NBC's Our Five Daughters (a show on which both Frank Schofield and John Karlen appeared, I beleive).

Was Dark Shadows his first writing?

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Question #3: Ralph Ellis
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 11:30:50 PM »
danfling, according to imdb dot com, he was the writer for "As the World Turns" (the head writer in 1979) and "Another World" from '69-'71.

Also, in 1983, he wrote for the soap "Loving".

He was an actor in the tv show "Our Five Daughters" in 1962.

Patti

PS...imdb doesn't list what year he wrote for DS, but I think it's safe to say DS was his first writing stint
What a Woman!

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 05:35:56 AM »
That's the first I've ever seen any mention of "Our Five Daughters."  I loved that!  It was quite short lived and I was very disappointed when it went off and I wrote down a synopsis of the whole show!!  I still have vague recollections of some of the characters and a couple of situations.
Josette

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2003, 03:04:24 PM »
I don't have my passwords handy here, but if you haven't already looked into it, I would check Contemporary Authors for these guys. Your public library should have it in print--they may even offer the database as well.

I would also check out http://www.ibdb.com and the Lortel Archives http://www.lortel.org/LLA_archive/index.cfm.

Then I would try and get into WorldCat (contains library holdings from all over the world) or conversely get a librarian to check WorldCat for you. It's not entirely comprehensive--not everything published gets collected by a library--but it might provide you with some info.

Best of luck!
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2003, 07:44:47 PM »
Thank you Luciaphil for posting the link to the Internet Broadway Database, I was able to find some information on Craig Slocum in the two Broadway plays he was in, "End As A Man" and "Miss Liberty." Both of these plays won an award! I have been looking for and gathering information on Craig Slocum for sometime now for a biography I'm doing on him for my Cheryl's Craig Slocum Website, http://rusty_slocum.tripod.com/slocum.htm. I hope to get it finished next year. It has not been an easy task. On Dark Shadows, he was credited as Craig Slocum. I have found him in three James Dean biographies, as Rusty Slocum, also in the play "Miss Liberty". I found out from friends of his that he was best known as Rusty, he acquired the nickname in childhood because of his red hair. His real name is Warren Stanley Slocum, and now I have just found out through the Internet Broadway Database that he was also credited as Warren Slocum in"End As A Man." This has been a big help to me. Each thing I find helps the search process a little more, and all help is greatly appreciated! If anyone else finds anything, please send it on to me, thanks!     

Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline bluefielder

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Question #3: Ralph Ellis
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 12:30:12 AM »
Ralph Ellis also was headwriter for Search for Tomorrow from the middle of 1971 til the end of 1973.