Author Topic: Bats in the Belfry  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Bats in the Belfry
« on: September 07, 2004, 02:04:58 AM »
....well, not exactly.  More like bats in the neighborhood.

I've lived here for 14 years and tho others have told me that bats are not uncommon in the area, I've never seen one.

Until tonight, when one came swooping down out of one of our trees, flew across the road and landed in a neighbor's tree.

I guess a simple bat-sighting might not actually be on topic.....except for the fact that my husband turned to me and asked "Friend of yours from the Forum?"   ::)

If the attractive neighbor next door suddenly takes to wearing scarves around her neck, I guess I'll know the reason why....... ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Bats in the Belfry
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 05:18:48 AM »
I guess a simple bat-sighting might not actually be on topic.....except for the fact that my husband turned to me and asked "Friend of yours from the Forum?"   ::)

Oh, that's funny.

If the attractive neighbor next door suddenly takes to wearing scarves around her neck, I guess I'll know the reason why....... ;)

(And BTW, I love your avatar.  )

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 08:01:18 AM »
Hee hee hee!  That's good!  ;D
Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 08:13:40 AM »
except for the fact that my husband turned to me and asked "Friend of yours from the Forum?"

LOL!!!

That's funny you should mention Bats Rainey because a couple of weeks ago one of my cats was sitting up on a window sill that's upstairs in my daughter's room and while sitting up there I kept noticed that he kept ducking down while looking up.  I thought maybe he was being bothered by the window shade so I went over to the window and lo and behold I found out why he was constantly ducking down!  A large Bat was flying near the window!  It would fly back up to the tree then dive back down at him!  I let out a scream, the cat ran and I slammed the window shut.  My daughter saw what happened and asked me if I was sure it wasn't Barnabas!  LOL!

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 11:27:31 AM »
(And BTW, I love your avatar.)

Avatar?.....WHAT avatar?....... ???

;)

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 01:04:09 PM »
A large Bat was flying near the window!  It would fly back up to the tree then dive back down at him!  LOL!

Honey...have you checked your neighborhood lately....anyone with the initials J. H. ? ;D

Rainey....love the avatar too!!

Patti
What a Woman!