Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #260: NYC DS Event Details  (Read 3701 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: ShadowGram Update #260: NYC DS Event Details
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2012, 06:06:45 PM »
i never thought that frid's unfortunate passing necessarily affected the attendance or success of future fests or events.

just that given that he was this year's highlighted guest and that with only two remaining guests and for an event already so massively scaled back(apparently there is not even a dealers room)and with so much emphasis on the west coast event it seemed almost not worth it this time around.

but that's just me. i hope for those attending it's enjoyable.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2012, 06:15:10 PM »
Oh, I wasn't really even replying to your post, michael c, or even referring to this year's NY event - I was simply trying to say something in general terms. As I've said in the past, it seems that fandom can often be split down two major lines: the strictly Barnabas fans and the fans who enjoy the whole DS package. The strictly Barnabas fans' Fest attendance may be affected by Frid's passing, though they may continue to show up to pay tribute to him and to support what will no doubt be many tributes to him at future Fests. But if the success of the non-Frid Fests are an indication, the whole package fans could continue to keep the Fests going for years and years to come if the surviving actors remain willing to continue to attend...

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 07:34:58 AM »
I hope all of you going to the Vista event will have a great time.  I would be sitting impatiently during HODS, though, waiting for the new movie to start.  And if the guy with the guitar is coming to this event, I hope he leaves it at home this time (I am SO bad,,,,)

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2012, 03:37:35 PM »
Boy, do I feel vindicated- I just knew more stars would be comig to Tarrytown!  Marie Wallace and Jerry Lacy are coming, and apparently so is Kathleen Cody!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2012, 03:55:37 PM »
Where is the news/confirmation that Kathleen Cody will be a guest at Tarrytown?

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2012, 04:24:49 PM »
cody had been complaining bitterly for weeks that so much money is being spent on the movie premiere her expenses to the fest are not being covered.

has something changed?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2012, 06:08:11 PM »
What I wrote yesterday, in the newest ShadowGram topic, was:

The update doesn't name the DS guests for Tarrytown, but Jerry Lacy has confirmed, Marie Wallace plans to attend, and Kathy Cody has approached Jim Pierson about being there (at her own expense).  And of course LP and KLS.

The source is Cody herself.  The issue was her airfare since she still resides in Florida, but after learning of JF's passing, she said she offered to pay her own travel to Tarrytown and Jim's response was that it can be arranged (meaning the Festival would cover the rest).  I'll send you the link to her April 23 post, Nancy and michael c, though I wouldn't consider it a confirmation that she'll attend.