Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0325  (Read 1217 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0325
« on: June 22, 2007, 07:37:05 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0325
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 07:57:19 PM »
This was  a great show. So so so scary.  I like the idea that Sarah tells him the truth in the dream.  Barnabas coming out seeing Sarah and then seeing david. It was better in black and white, than in color. that is episode 326. JF does such a great job.  SS doesn good, But DH was awsome in how he carried it off so believeable.

I have one question why did they let Barnabas see David, it that was the person he was afraid of. I don't remember him being afraid of anyone before this. But I haven't seen the earlier shows.  Right now Liz and Vickie have to go with their gut. Not what is logical. Because DS is not logical.

I can see now that they wanted to get rid of Barnabas up to this point. They are making him so bad.  :-X
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 01:56:11 AM »
I swear, all that Barnabas knows about handling little boys, he learned from his Aunt Abigail.  "It's not nice to answer questions with questions."  Can't you just see Clarice Blackburn saying that?

I really feel sorry for David.  He's got a problem that's too big for him to handle.  Barnabas is busily furnishing him with proof that he (Barnabas) is no good, but all that Elizabeth and Vicky have ever seen is Barnabas's charming side.

As David said no, no, no, Sarah hadn't told him anything about herself or her family, he didn't look any different from when he said no, no, no, he knew nothing about a secret room in the mausoleum - but in one case he was lying and in the other case he was telling the truth.  Does he ever worry that there might be a secret alliance between Sarah and Barnabas, since they both know about the secret room?  No, of course not, he's going on instinct.

I love the setting of David's dream - all those diagonal beams.  It looked like a modern setting for a play.  If I saw it that way, that probably means that it's incredibly hackneyed - but never mind, I liked it.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 02:59:25 PM »
I am really bothered by the fact Barnabas seems to WANT to believe that David knows about him, almost like he wants to kill the boy....he stubbornly refuses to listen others who are a bit more objective about the situation. A few episodes ago Barnabas insists that Sarah would never betray him, yet he finds out she's been spending time to David he automatically jumps to the conclusion she must have told David all about him.

And then there's the finding the penknife in the secret room. There's absolutely no proof that this means David knows Barnabas' secret, yet again Barnabas chooses to believe that this IS enough proof and that David must be done away with.

Yeah, I didn't get Elizabeth and Vicki letting Barnabas go up and see David either.....whether or not the boy has reason to fear Barnabas (we the viewers know he does) sending the person who terrifies the child the most was not the best way to handle the matter.

Great episode. David Henesy really shines in these episodes.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 11:08:19 PM »
I am really bothered by the fact Barnabas seems to WANT to believe that David knows about him, almost like he wants to kill the boy
I don't blame Barnabas for that.  If David does spill the beans about Barnabas, it is total, absolute disaster for Barnabas.  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I do think that the way Barnabas is handling David is not the approach most likely to get Barnabas what he wants - but that's another issue altogether.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 08:49:24 AM »
Boy, David sure is a great lier! [thumb]  If it were me, I would have been so scared, I would have told the truth. [shkdg]  That was a scary scene, with Barnabas so heavily questioning David.  I agree that Elizabeth and Vicki should not have allowed Barnabas to talk to David.  Although, I can see their reasoning -  that maybe David's fears could be assuaged if Barnabas talked to him. [idontknow]

That dream was pretty scary, too.  Great acting by DH - he really shined in this episode. [cheer]

Barnabas is being too paranoid.  Just because David was in the Secret Room, doesn't mean that Sarah told him about Barnabas' "affliction".  (But then David had that dream, and now he does know!  So maybe Barnabas' paranoia is justified, after all!)  It sure seems like Sarah made David have that dream, doesn't it? [winkg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 05:36:17 PM »
I've always wondered how David had the dream. Did his own intuitions bring it to him? Did Sarah cause it? Or did Barnabas? After all, Barnabas' parting words to David are "Pleasant dreams" - and with that smirk on his face...

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 07:54:34 PM »
Could have Barnabas wanted to be found out. Was he not happy with his life?  Did he think that the injecjtions were not working?
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 11:54:22 PM »
I don't blame Barnabas for that.  If David does spill the beans about Barnabas, it is total, absolute disaster for Barnabas.  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Barnabas is SO cool... so cool in fact that we can throw in our lot with him... or his... when he's being a killer.   I love the blurring of boundaries and reappraisal of morals.    And given that BC has opted for survival, a goal for many of us, given that absolute, he has to off David.    It oughta trouble him though.   His big internal claim to legitimacy is his loyalty to family.

Lydia, I'm not claiming you harbor murderers in your basement or anything.... there are blurred boundaries, possibly, but that can be the sign of a free thinker.... and I'm interested and uninformed (and know it) as to how far it all might go....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 01:52:47 AM »
His big internal claim to legitimacy is his loyalty to family.
Does Barnabas have an internal claim to legitimacy at this point?  I think it's only after the 1795 storyline that he decides he cares about the present-day Collins family.  At the moment I'm not sure we know anything more than that he's got to have a Josette to share his existence with him.

Lydia, I'm not claiming you harbor murderers in your basement or anything....
I don't have a basement; I have a crawl space.  I tried renting it out to murderers, but they were worried about creepy-crawlies.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 03:06:43 AM »
All I can say is that my most recent DS viewing redefines Barnabas for me.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor