Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1077  (Read 419 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1077
« on: June 01, 2016, 09:38:07 PM »
Robservations #1077

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1077

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 01:25:24 AM »
David has a model ship that he says he found in the attic. It sits on an elaborate base. It says Java Queen on the ship. It seems that he is lying about it, but not sure why? Maybe it was in the playroom. It just feels like something was cut out.  So it seems it just appeared and maybe Daphne gave it.
Quentin is loaning David camera for the picnic which seems out of then blue. Who decided to have it Andy why considering it is one of the clues and nobody seems to care or notice.
Carolyn meanwhile thinks Shaw is Jeb and Daphne leads Q to a room.
The picnic is only Maggie, Carolyn, David and Quentin. For some reason David, the actor, is not clicking the shutter and it seems really fake.
David is suddenly the great photographer and developer who has no camera of his own?  Gerard appears in the corner of the pix. So I'm guessing that Gerard's appearance is the reason Carolyn had the picnic for a clue.
I'm noticing that there isn't a lot of suspense to these episodes.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 02:06:07 AM »
Both Quentin and David have been visited by Daphne, who has brought them lilacs and a model boat. Odd gifts, I suppose, but certainly nothing terrifying or more than slightly interesting
Maggie is the voice of reason in this episode. She's very patient with Carolyn, understanding but not encouraging Carolyn's feelings about Sebastian Shaw. Her line to Quentin about how futile it is to love someone who is dead could well describe most of the characters on the show. How exactly does Quentin describe his relationship with to the 1840 Quentin. Uncle? Or great uncle? Great uncle is quite a stretch. 130 years?  Uncle? Not likely. I would expected Maggie to question that or at least remark on it.
The picnic is a pretty lackluster affair. Carolyn is sullen. Quentin and David are preoccupied. I hope that the food was good. There's an unexpected guest at the picnic when Gerard seems to lurk in the back of David's photographs. Too bad it wasn't ants.
The second clue has come and gone, with little dramatic impact. Sebastian's name seems to indicate that the third clue is imminent. Hope it's a bit more lively
Fade Away and Radiate