Author Topic: DS Names for Real  (Read 6174 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
DS Names for Real
« on: November 08, 2006, 08:30:52 AM »
So, there really is a Buzz!  And, Devlin is another DS name.  Plus, Burke and Buzz both start with "Bu" - so the pairing of those names seems a bit natural.

What I'm getting at is an engagement announcement in our newspaper today and the parents of the groom are Mr. and Mrs. Buzz Devlin!
Josette

IluvBarnabas

Re: DS Names for Real
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 02:34:06 AM »
I have a cousin named David and a brother-in-law by the name of Joe. My real name is Beth, and I have a nephew named Chris......I have met a few Rogers,  an Amy, a couple  of Maggies, couple of Vicki's in my time....but I have yet to come across a Barnabas or Quentin! Curses! [hall2_grin]

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 03:56:20 PM »
I have a cousin named David and a brother-in-law by the name of Joe. My real name is Beth, and I have a nephew named Chris......I have met a few Rogers,  an Amy, a couple  of Maggies, couple of Vicki's in my time....but I have yet to come across a Barnabas or Quentin! Curses!

I have nephews named Nicholas, Joe(y), Sam and Tom(my),  2 more nephews named John (called Jack & Sean-they're brothers too-LOL!), cousins named David, Chris, Paul, Maggie, Laura and Tim, an Aunt Carolyn (we call her Peg though), an aunt named Willie (as in Willie Mae-from Kentucky you understand ;)), an aunt named Sarah, an aunt named Catherine (dead now), an uncle Ned (whose real name is Charles), an uncle Bill, my mom's name is Elizabeth (called Betty-as in Hanscombe!), and a cousin named Elizabeth (called Liz!), an uncle Bob, and my brother-in-laws got nieces named Maggie and Catherine.  And, for the piece-da-la-resistance--another aunt's married name was Collins!

There's a woman who works for the landlord where I work named Vickie, I had a neighbor when I was a kid named Amy, I have a friend named Roger, one named Janet (Phoebe on here) and another named Bob, and there's a Saint BARNABAS road in the area where I live!  That's all I can come up with so far.  Will update later if I think of anyone I forgot.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 04:03:44 PM »
I have nephews named Nicholas, Joe(y), Sam and Tom(my),  2 more nephews named John (called Jack & Sean-they're brothers too-LOL!), cousins named David, Chris, Paul, Maggie, Laura and Tim, an Aunt Carolyn (we call her Peg though), an aunt named Willie (as in Willie Mae-from Kentucky you understand ;)), an aunt named Sarah, an aunt named Catherine (dead now), an uncle Ned (whose real name is Charles), an uncle Bill, my mom's name is Elizabeth (called Betty-as in Hanscombe!), and a cousin named Elizabeth (called Liz!), an uncle Bob, and my brother-in-laws got nieces named Maggie and Catherine.  And, for the piece-da-la-resistance--another aunt's married name was Collins!

There's a woman who works for the landlord where I work named Vickie, I had a neighbor when I was a kid named Amy, I have a friend named Roger, one named Janet (Phoebe on here) and another named Bob, and there's a Saint BARNABAS road in the area where I live!  That's all I can come up with so far.  Will update later if I think of anyone I forgot.  ;)

Wow, Buzz, you sure have a lot of DS names in your family!  :)

But.....what, no Bramwell's? ;) ;D

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 04:08:20 PM »
But.....what, no Bramwell's?

Oh!  Thanks for reminding me!  One of my stuffed bears is named Bramwell!  I *do* love that name, and not just for the obvious reasons that I LOVE that character!  ;)  Oh, and my cat's name is Louie (as in Edmonds-but he came w/that name when I adopted him!  ;))
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 04:14:26 PM »
We recently got a new dog recently, a dauchsand....I suggested to my mom she call him Barnabas....she smiled and said no his name is Frisky, that's the name the people who sold him to my mom called him and she's gonna stick to it.

Drat, foiled again! Still no Barnabas! [hall2_grin]

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 05:26:42 PM »
There might be a Barnabas in my family tree.  Our family history gets rather sketchy in the late 1700s.  (I'm not kidding!, lol!) And there's tons of folks at that time with the same last name, but no link with my ancestor.  So I've just arbitrarily picked Barnabas.  LOL!  Who knows?  I might be right!  But the funniest DS coincidence for me, is my 3x great-grandmother Julia who had a sister named Angeline.  I know.  No cigar.  But close!!!!

Judy
[angl]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 05:40:59 PM »
Our family history gets rather sketchy in the late 1700s.  (I'm not kidding!, lol!)

Do you have a great-great-great-great grandfather named Joshua!?    ;D

We recently got a new dog recently, a dauchsand....I suggested to my mom she call him Barnabas....she smiled and said no his name is Frisky, that's the name the people who sold him to my mom called him and she's gonna stick to it.
Drat, foiled again! Still no Barnabas!

My brother went out w/a girl in college who had a dog named Barnabas Collins!  And yes, she and her sister were fans of the show!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 06:02:13 PM »
A number of years ago I convinced my mother to name one of the puppies we kept from a litter we had, Josette. We called her Josie for short. Unfortunately we ended up selling her (much to my dismay) and she too died before her time. Must be a name curse or something.  [hall2_wink]

I also have a dog named Willie, who is rather nervous, and an Elliot (as in Stokes).
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 06:18:38 PM »
The new head of the UN's World Food Program is Josette Sheeran.

ProfStokes

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 09:30:51 PM »
What I'm getting at is an engagement announcement in our newspaper today and the parents of the groom are Mr. and Mrs. Buzz Devlin!
Hmmm, maybe in PT - After Carolym dumped Buzz, he went on a bender at the Blue Whale and bumps into Burke, their eyes meet, one thing leads to another, and years later we find out that Buzz and Burke moved to vermont, adopted a baby and eventually got civilly united when the law was passed! [hall2_grin]
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 10:14:51 PM »
Hmmm, maybe in PT - After Carolym dumped Buzz, he went on a bender at the Blue Whale and bumps into Burke, their eyes meet, one thing leads to another, and years later we find out that Buzz and Burke moved to vermont, adopted a baby and eventually got civilly united when the law was passed!

Hmmm, interesting theory.  But who's the WIFE!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 10:20:21 PM »
My ex-sister-in-law wanted to name my niece Angelique, (yes, after THAT Angelique) but my brother put an end to that idea..... ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 11:48:17 PM »
Hmmm, interesting theory.  But who's the WIFE!  ;)
Hahaha!  Well, they take turns. :o
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.