Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0095  (Read 791 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0095
« on: November 12, 2011, 04:16:39 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0095
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 12:39:13 PM »
Vicky was right to tell somebody what she had found out about The Pen, whether or not it her conclusion was correct.  It's a pity that the person she told was Roger, but at least she didn't make the standard mystery novel mistake of keeping things to herself until she became the next victim.  Still, couldn't she have re-registered at the hotel (as she told Burke she was going to do) and locked herself in until she could get hold of Frank Garner?  After all the tense scenes she's had with Roger, she shouldn't be asking favors of him.

What a story she told Frank Garner!  He asks: where did she see the ghost of Bill Malloy?  In a locked room.  Why she was locked in the room?  Because David locked her in to frighten her.  (Vicky's such an optimist.)  Why did David lock her in?  Because she accused David of stealing a pen.  Why is she staying at Collinwood?  Because David wants her to.  And then Frank asks her if she's available!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 05:10:47 PM »
When Vicki spots The Duplicate Pen, she looks right at some contracts on the table. If she had studied them for even a moment she might have found out some very interesting things about Burke's strategy!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 05:25:54 PM »
When Vicki spots The Duplicate Pen, she looks right at some contracts on the table. If she had studied them for even a moment she might have found out some very interesting things about Burke's strategy!

Now I imagine Blair covering his paperwork with his arms, like a kid who doesn't want anyone copying his homework!   Lydia--  Regarding Vicki's answers to Frank's questions: I've noticed that many people don't think about explanations before they make them.   Someone can be convinced she/he is explaining well, but look at the specific words being used (say there's a transcript), and they don't really explain much.   I think there's an assumption of "I'm smart, so people will understand me."

Writers should be different, since they have to edit and revise, going over their words multiple times.   Should, but often don't.   Still, maybe it's a realistic depiction of a character, Vicki, who has this common problem.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 01:41:17 AM »
Vickie has to unburden herself to an almost complete stranger that she saw a ghost.  She then reveals that she feels she belongs at Collinwood although she is terrified of the house. She thinks she may be a Collins.  Then what is all this chasing after Betty Hanscomb?  Perhaps she should stand next to her employer and look in the mirror since she is so good at seeing resemblances to herself.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times