Author Topic: How Burton’s DARK SHADOWS Could Be Great (But Won’t Be)  (Read 4137 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: How Burton’s DARK SHADOWS Could Be Great (But Won’t Be)
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 10:20:24 AM »
My thought after reading the article was, “I’ll bet the writer is a lurker on these boards,” so I was pleased to find out I was right, sort of.  Only “sort of” because nearly 150 posts makes him something more than a lurker.  Hi, Phil!

Some moments I'd like to see in the movie as Phil envisions it:

Kathryn Leigh Scott volunteering to help the crew out by playing Josette’s ghost in 1966.

Diana Millay and the costume person (Ramse Mostoller, I assume) working together to conceal her pregnancy in 1967.

And a wild, all-singing, all-dancing, all-everything extravaganza of a musical number for the Sam and Grayson Hall characters when Grayson gets hired on Dark Shadows so that they can afford to stay in New York instead of moving to Sam's hometown in (oh, the horror of it!) Ohio.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 07:28:47 PM »
Phil, thanks for the amplification on your article.  And a belated welcome to the board! [santa_smiley]

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 08:52:49 PM »
Quite honestly, that's what I took away from reading your article. To me it seemed as if you were advocating a behind the scenes look at how all the actors and production people came together and were able to create a unique show while not necessarily being completely aware at the time that they were creating something very special, and even that some of their creativity may have happened completely by accident. That notion is why I said in the post that introduces this topic that I thought your idea was possibly a great one.

i was asked by a film producer when the Grayson bio came out if I thought there was a film in the "bio" and is said well it could be the jumping off point for at least 3 films--(1) the typical story of an actress trying to make it & totally reinventing herself; (2) another of the Iguana experience and (3rd)...the major one is what really happened in the making of Dark Shadows..i always have thought a behind the scenes story could be compelling, dramatic and comical,  and meaty for all the actors.
Julia99