Author Topic: OT: New Vampire Series Is "Enormous fun to watch."  (Read 810 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
OT: New Vampire Series Is "Enormous fun to watch."
« on: July 11, 2008, 06:28:41 PM »
TV Guide's Matt Roush is reporting from HBO's installment of the Television Critics Association's press tour that HBO's Michael Lombardo says True Blood, Alan Ball's adaptation of the Southern Vampire Mysteries books by Charlaine Harris, is “enormous fun to watch” - and Roush agrees - though we have to wait for a future Dispatch for more details.

And for those who may be unaware, Roush was a big fan of the '91 DS and is a big fan of DS in general. 

David

Re: OT: New Vampire Series Is "Enormous fun to watch."
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 07:43:13 PM »
When does this begin airing?

David

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 08:07:04 PM »
The Roush Dispatch for this has been posted: HBO's True Blood: Bloody Fun And it does indeed make the show sound like it's going to be enormous fun to watch.

When does this begin airing?

September 7th, though I haven't seen anything about at what time. But that will certainly be revealed as the date draws nearer...

Those interested may also want to check out HBO's official site: True Blood, which features an all too brief but intriguing peek behind the scenes.

Offline JS

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 09:13:44 PM »
Fantastic! I will be sure to set my DVR.  [ghost_rolleyes]
I doubt that the imagination can be suppressed. If you truly eradicated it in a child, he would grow up to be an eggplant.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 10:42:03 PM »
SIX FEET UNDER is one of my favorite shows of ALL TIME.  I cannot wait.  :) It sounds so good.  And SFU had the best series finale I have ever seen, with Buffy and Charmed coming in second and third. IMO
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 10:49:42 PM »
I am currently reading Harris's Southern Vampire books and thoroughly enjoying them; I've just finished Living Dead in Dallas and am about to start Club Dead. I will say that I think they screwed up the casting, though. Nationality issues (Anna Pacquin is Canadian and Stephen Moyer is British; both characters are from Louisiana) aside, that woman ain't Sookie, and that man ain't Bill. I will get the DVDs of True Blood from Netflix just to check it out, as I don't have any TV service at all right now.

I don't know if the Behind the Scenes posted earlier mentions it or not, but for those who haven't read the books, I'll explain the significance of the name. In the series, vampires have "come out of the coffin" and are now accepted (by some) as a part of society. Though it doesn't cure their bloodlust, as an alternative to feeding from humans, the Japanese developed a synthetic blood. The most popular brand of said synthetic blood is called TrueBlood. I do, however, think that the first book's name, Dead Until Dark, would have been a better title.
A growing collection of humorous DS videos. Last updated 11-3-08

Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Note: I will not respond to private messages.

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 04:05:29 PM »
HBO on demand has some 2 min promos designed as news reports from a National Equirer type new paper, Series production values look pretty good. Def will Tivo this