Author Topic: J & A  (Read 1862 times)

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
J & A
« on: July 11, 2003, 07:01:04 AM »
It's good to see Angelique and her evil handmaiden plotting together. I love seeing Julia being the sociopathic spinster I know she can be--even if it is in parallel time!  >:D
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Re:J & A
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 08:17:32 PM »
Parallel Time was fun because people who normally played the good guy through and through (except maybe Julia when she came onto the show) got a chance to play villans. Villans are always more fun.

~Arashi

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 08:44:21 PM »
I love the 1970PT version of Julia. I enjoyed watching how she caused Maggie to do the wrong things when Maggie came to Collinwood. If I were Maggie, I would've sent her packing after the first few incidents when she first arrived.

I love seeing Grayson Hall as a villainess type, which she sorta kinda was when she first came to Collinwood as Dr. Hoffman.

Offline AllMyShadows

• Junior Poster
  • DS Fan All the Way!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 08:58:57 PM »
1970PT's Julia is much more fun that the regular 1967-1971 Julia! Didn't you just love it when Barnabas was looking into the PT room during Leviathans and Julia would be telling Liz off? And the things she did to poor Maggie....if I were Maggie I'd give her the hardest slap I could give her. Then I'd get Quentin to fire her and send her away! But still, she was fun.
DS on Sci-Fi
1992-1997, 1999-2003
Let's just hope TVLand picks it up or something like that lol

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 09:19:28 PM »
I'll bet when PT Julia was a widdo-kid, she was one of those who would pay some geeky kid a nickel to eat worms, and then bet all the other kids on the playground that he would do it, turning her nickel investment into a huge profit.

As for PT Angelique, I picture her as "Chris", the evil girl who tormented Carrie, arranging to have a bucket of blood dumped on her during the Prom, except it was Angelique who then set the school on fire afterwards with her powers just for kicks.

PT Alexis volunteered in the high school library (until Angelique burned it down) and received a special recommendation at graduation for having a perfect attendance record.

PT Maggie was a cheerleader at Collins High, as well as president of the Esperanto Club, and treasurer of the combination Latin Debating and Art Club.

PT Quentin was star of the track team and all the girls thought he was just dreamy and looked like Elvis.

PT Carolyn spent most of her time in detention.  That's where she met PT Will.

Gerard

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2003, 10:14:42 PM »
PT Alexis volunteered in the high school library (until Angelique burned it down) and received a special recommendation at graduation for having a perfect attendance record...PT Carolyn spent most of her time in detention.  That's where she met PT Will.
[firedevil] How right you are, Gerard--on both counts!!
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2003, 01:35:09 AM »
Jeez, Gerard.....where were you when Dan Curtis and his writers needed you?  [lghy]....Esperanto Club...snicker!!
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Dawn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2003, 05:16:34 AM »
I love the chemistry of J and A hatching their evil plans.  I'm a total Grayson fan and I love watching her play the nasty.  The old line from Mae West...'when I'm good I'm very good but when I'm bad I'm better'... Oh yeah!!   :o
To live in hearts we leave behind, is not to die.

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2003, 11:06:02 PM »
I love the chemistry of J and A hatching their evil plans.  I'm a total Grayson fan and I love watching her play the nasty.  The old line from Mae West...'when I'm good I'm very good but when I'm bad I'm better'... Oh yeah!!   :o

I had a chance to tune in to today's eps.  Loved Hoffman's little smirk when she successfully planted seeds of doubt in Quentin's mind...I'd forgotten how wonderfully wicked she was!  I'll bet Grayson had a grand time playing her.  ;D

MrsJ

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2003, 09:04:53 PM »
 [hello]
[hello]
[hello]

MRS. J

Welcome Back

Haven't seen you in a while :) :D

Patti

Not for nothing...but that's a royal blue, nothing near a periwinkle blue.
What a Woman!

Offline Angelique820

• I will never leave you alone Barnabas Collins...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2003, 10:23:48 PM »
Although I like Julia in RT, I wouldn't consider myself a julia fam....but I must say in PT, she's the best!  The only thing I find annoying is that TPTB had Julia subserviant to Angelique.  As you can see I'm an Angelique fan.  But I would have loved to see her and Angelique on a more even footing.  Cheers to Grayson for her performance as PT Julia!!!
Angelique820

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2003, 02:02:36 AM »
Grayson was quite good at being if not evil (Hoffman), at least self-obsessed, ego centric and dangerous (early Julia).  [spoiler]I love it  those few episodes in 1995 when Julia gets all bitchy again . ..saying nasty little things behind Barnabas's back, smiling wickedly. . but then Barn catches her .. ."oh what did you say Julia?" [devil][/spoiler]
Julia99

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2003, 09:30:28 PM »
I love seeing the two of them playing together also.
What's especially good about this is that in RT these two were not exactly best friends, (although they did become somewhat civil to one another during the 1897 storyline) for most of the time and especially during the Adam storyline they were considered enemies.
So, seeing them almost playing "the best of friends" is really a welcome change and really shows the range of each one's acting abilities.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"