Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0238  (Read 1052 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0238
« on: June 21, 2012, 12:08:03 AM »
Robservations - #238

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0238

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 06:51:14 AM »
I wonder if the opening of the front door to the Old House is something that Barnabas can't control, like the howling of the dogs.

What's going to happen to Willie?  Barnabas is scheduled for a limited run.  When he is destroyed (by manly Burke, surely, in the course of rescuing Vicky from yet another locked room), what will happen to Willie?  Will he die defending Barnabas?  Will no one ever know the torment that Willie endured?

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 01:08:23 PM »
Wille was probably going to be killed off as well, perhaps right before Barnabas was.  It would have been interesting if they planned for him to die in a heroic way by trying to save Maggie or Vickie.

I wish they had an outline of the original plan somewhere.  HODS may have been similiar to what was planned, but I doubt they would have done exactly what went on in the movie.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 03:52:35 PM »
Very cool exterior shot, but doesn't Willie have his work cut out for him with all thouse askew shutters and stuff?

I'd like to know which bedroom is Barnabas' too.

Brimming with femininity. Say that three times fast.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 05:00:16 PM »
I'd like to know which bedroom is Barnabas' too.

[spoiler]It's possible that the last time Barnabas was in his room was when he died there!   Maybe he doesn't want to go into it...[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 05:24:11 PM »
[spoiler]It's possible that the last time Barnabas was in his room was when he died there!   Maybe he doesn't want to go into it...[/spoiler]

Right. Forgot about that. But where does he get dressed and wash up? Does he shave?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 05:35:29 PM »
But where does he get dressed and wash up? Does he shave?

Me, I relentlessly continue to be curious as to whether Barnabas poops.   It would be embarrassing if I ever met him, because I'd eventually find a way to work that into the conversation.   Not that I'm suggesting that he would do this in his room, but on the other hand, there are such things as bedpans...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 12:46:22 AM »
Barnabas does ingest blood, so I suppose his metabolism does something with it.... I suppose MT is right about his room at the Old House.

Meanwhile, his portrait is finally done and hanging above the mantel in the drawing room.

Poor Willie is mortified at the girls' praise and terrified for them at the same time. But after he ushers them out of Josette's room, instead of seeing them out of the house, he stays to straighten things up--dreading another beating, I suppose, if just one little thing is out of place.

And we end with dinner for two....

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 06:09:27 PM »
The Star gets delivered to the doorstep of the great house. I wonder if the paperboy gets a big tip for the distance and the hills.  Vickie just walks into the old house like David which makes me think of the similarities between the two once again.  When the girls reveal to Elizabeth that they restored Josette's room she pointedly wonders about it.  The no faced Josete gets no credit for he work.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times