Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1071  (Read 1017 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1071
« on: September 27, 2010, 11:14:51 PM »

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1071
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 01:24:17 AM »
If you think bloopers associated with DS only occurred on the actual show, read the text of the following ABC voiceover promo from September 26, 1970 and then look at the screen capture.  [ghost_wink]

"...Barnabas and Julia find Daphne's grave and discover that she died at the age of twenty-six. Now they must find out why - and most important - how. Watch Dark Shadows tomorrow at four, three central time..."

[ghost_rolleyes]

(And while I remember this promo, I'd forgotten about quite a few others that were specific to 1995 and the end of 1970PT. I'll add those to their respective topics when I get the chance. And I may also be adding something to the topic for Ep #1001 - but that all depends on if some things work out the way I hope...)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 02:42:21 AM »
All history appreciated, MB!

I have dreams about my being back living now in my mid-70s Ohio bedroom, or our NY house from the late 60s.   It must feel even stranger for Quentin to be back in his old room, with his stuff from 70 years ago.   

You can change your suit now, Julia!!   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 06:25:11 AM »
Nice, MB!  Looking forward to more.

LOL, Magnus!!

The intensity of the episode and its manic acting-- Hallie was shrill, Barnabas and Julia were jubilant and chatty despite all they'd been through, Quentin was annoyingly über helpful, and Liz's sole emotion was shock-- made the subtle fade-in of the lovely playroom at the end a very welcome relief.

So Hallie not only senses that something terrible is going to happen, but she has also mastered the art of eavesdropping on the adults-- already it seems she's a perfect fit for Collinwood.

And they finally got Kathy Cody's name spelled correctly in the credits.

The prop person had to come up with a replacement for one of the family history books since they trashed the original (blue) Volume 2 for a scene in the 1995 story.  And now the constant book research (and I do mean constant) by B & J has begun.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 12:45:47 PM »
You can change your suit now, Julia!!
Yes, I was surprised to see her still wearing the same suit at the end of the episode.  If I had been Julia, the minute I got back to 1970 I'd tell Barnabas, "You can explain to everybody.  I'm going to take a long, hot bath!"

Jonathan Frid was having trouble with his lines today.  The past two weeks have been pretty busy for him and Grayson Hall.

Quentin's in his old room in the West Wing, and it looks very much the way it looked in 1897.  This doesn't seem like a good way to reassure anybody that he's not the same person as Quentin's ghost, but everyone seems to have gotten past that.

When Quentin was reassuring Hallie that Barnabas and Julia were good people, I thought: "How does he know it's the real Barnabas and Julia?"  I also thought, looking at the closeup of Hallie with the long blond hair, that it might be fun to see a storyline in which Hallie was somehow related to Angelique.

It was good to see the red curtains in the drawing room again.

When we saw the playroom after the linen closet had been demonstrated to Barnabas, I suddenly thought the writers were getting into a bit of a rut.  First we had the parallel time room, now we've got the playroom/linen closet, and in a few months we'll have[spoiler]the room from which everybody emerges crazy.[/spoiler]If the show hadn't been canceled, what variation would have come next?

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 04:22:59 PM »
8/3/7

Did anyone notice that the camera focus on G (in the voiceover) seemed to dissolve into another shot?  Weird!  We are back to the present and the set looks good. The room changed over a week ago?  How? 
Ah nice to see RT Elizabeth!  I love this episode very much!

Aww…they were in 1995 for a week!  It really confuses me that everyone cannot accept a future time travel but they can accept past time travel and PT??  :Scratches head:

It looks as if Daphne was only 23 years old and she is buried next to Tom Jennings. Gerard was only 30! Quentin's room looked very nice.  I guess Barnabas grabbed a shower and changed.  I have no idea why they didn't change clothes in the future?

“Obviously your portrait hadn't changed!”  B
“I don't know whether that is something to look forward to or not!” Q

David Selby makes beautiful expressions emoting everything he is feeling.  I wonder why Grayson didn't change. It looks as if Elizabeth fixed up The West Wing for Quentin.  Wonder how he is supporting himself?   
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/