Author Topic: The 24 Most Important Vampire TV Shows Ever, Ranked  (Read 411 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The 24 Most Important Vampire TV Shows Ever, Ranked
« on: July 28, 2019, 10:21:03 AM »
Somehow I missed this back in 2017:

The 24 Most Important Vampire TV Shows Ever, Ranked
From older classics like "Dark Shadows" to modern favorites like "The Vampire Diaries," a comprehensive look at the most notable favorites of the undead genre.

And what's strange is that I received a Goggle Alert for it today, more than 2 years after it was posted...

What's nice it that both versions of DS, the original and the '91 Series, make the list. And while I would agree that David in the '91 Series is "sociopathic," I don't think JG-L's performance is in any way "hilarious," nor do I agree that "Ben Cross fails to make much of an impact as Barnabas."

And there's only one entry on the list that I haven't seen and that's “From Dusk till Dawn: The Series” (2014-2016). But it's on Netflix, so there's still a chance...

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: The 24 Most Important Vampire TV Shows Ever, Ranked
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 10:06:37 PM »
I liked (and was surprised!) by the ranking.  I don't think it's actually saying that his performance was "hilarious," as much as that the idea of his being so sociopathic was hilarious.
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: The 24 Most Important Vampire TV Shows Ever, Ranked
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 03:00:18 PM »
Quite possibly. Though that implies that JG-L's performance is somehow over the top, and that's something I would totally disagree with. We've seen over the top performances on the original DS, and JG-L's performance on the '91 DS doesn't begin to approach any of them (no doubt because the '91 DS, for the most part, had different directors (they do share DC). And I seriously doubt JG-L would be happy to see that they imply he's over the top on the show. Even at 10-years-old, I strongly suspect he worked hard to make his performance believable within the context of the story and something that should be taken seriously, not interpreted as "hilarious" in any way shape or form. But sadly, as we know only too well, when it comes to any version of DS, some people just can't seem to not see camp or hilarity where none is intended...