Author Topic: Von Bulow (Alexandra Moltke's one-time lover) Anniversary  (Read 673 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Von Bulow (Alexandra Moltke's one-time lover) Anniversary
« on: June 11, 2005, 06:55:43 AM »
I've told the story a number of times of watching the re-trial of Claus von Bulow, when he was acquitted of trying to murder his wife.  Alexandra (Moltke) Isles didn't want to testify again and had gone to Europe.  She finally came back and testified.  I remember being quite chilled at her testimony that he called her to say that he was lying next to his wife watching her and then couldn't go through with it and called for help.

The part that has particularly stuck with me is that a local station was showing DS at the time and they were in 1795 at the witchcraft trial, so I watched her take the oath and testify both for real and on DS the same day.

Anyway, I noticed in our newspaper today (to me it's still Friday night) that it was 20 years ago that he was acquitted.  I can't believe it's that long since I saw that.
Josette

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Von Bulow (Alexandra Moltke's one-time lover) Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 08:11:07 PM »
whenever i read about this subject i can't believe our girl would ever get involved in something so scandalous...miss winters is a girl of virtue!

in dominick dunne's book "justice" he devotes a chapter("fatal charm")to the von bulow trial.he actually speaks quite highly of alexandra(isles at the time).there is one reference to her being a "soap-opera actress" but doesn't mention the show by name.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.