Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0122  (Read 884 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0122
« on: January 10, 2012, 06:38:03 PM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0122
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 01:22:56 AM »
David has quite a lot on his mind for one so young. He’s so desperate for advice, he even tries Carolyn and all she cares about is… Carolyn.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 01:29:21 AM »
One of the ghosts' voices sounds like Diana Millay, perhaps hanging around the set to case the joint.   

MM: "You think I'm... crazy?"
VW: "No, I don't think anything!"
She really needed the Python word "Splunge!!" right then...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 04:54:48 PM »
Carolyn is wearing a very businesslike suit, but the thought of getting a job never seems to cross her mind--never mind the idea of anyone else working.

Thayer David plays the only DS villain who is competent at tying a gag on the heroine.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 05:01:34 PM »
Oh, and when Josette calls to Matthew, her voice has no trace of a French accent!

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 10:59:58 PM »
Thayer David plays the only DS villain who is competent at tying a gag on the heroine.

He certainly didn't require the victim to keep it in place by holding it in her mouth!
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 04:39:28 AM »
David is desperate to have someone tell him Roger is guilty. He even walks to town to get Burke who says Roger is not involved.  Someone calls Matthews name as he tries to sleep  Vickie doesn't hear the voices and the audience sees Josette glow. Matthew leaves the secret room and more voices and Josette glows. Matthew goes back in and cuts Vickie loose and she tries to convince him its a dream.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 11:13:24 AM »
So many people were grappling today with truth versus falsehood, and reality versus delusion.  I suppose that's some of the stuff of which soap operas are made, but today it seemed like more of a theme than usual.

Carolyn calls Burke, fondly believing that he'll be thrilled to hear from her, and gets cold water dashed in her face when all he can talk about is Vicky.  But she probably still believes she and Burke could have a relationship.

David still wants to believe that his father is Bill Malloy’s murderer.  (And, as usual, somebody or other scolds him for saying such things about his own father.)  I think it's pretty certain that Matthew did it, but I really like the idea of the writers pulling off the Big Bajoor at the end of this storyline and making Roger the murderer.

Mathew hears Josette calling to him, and sees her portrait glow.  Is it real?  Or is he crazy?  Or was he, as Vicky suggests, not quite awake?

Vicky, who is sure she saw Bill Malloy’s ghost the last time she was locked up, is sure that Matthew didn't experience any supernatural manifestations.  Why not?

And we, the viewers, have to wonder: did Matthew really see and hear what we were told he saw and heard?  We are still in the part of the series where supernatural stuff is very rare and incidental.  Nobody’s life is changed by it.  We've never heard Josette’s voice before; when we saw her ghost leave her portrait, she was entirely silent.  We know Matthew is off his rocker.  We know David has been talking to him about ghosts.  How do we know that we didn't spend a few minutes inside his mind today?