Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0320  (Read 798 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0320
« on: October 14, 2012, 04:29:28 PM »
Robservations - #320

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0320

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 09:16:20 PM »
Sorry, but I have to laugh at poor David's nightmare. He tells Burke that he didn't want to tell Vicki because she "sort of likes" Barnabas.

Lots of wondering for me in this episode. I'm assuming it was a Friday ep., but a lot of it seems like filler.

Burke promptly tells Vicki everything, but she insists that Barnabas is incapable of harming anyone. Vicki and Burke are about to fight about it when Barnabas stops by to ask for Julia, who is away from Collinwood. I have an urgent message for her, Barnabas says. The message is so urgent that he forgets his eighteenth-century manners and fails to greet her properly. After he rushes out, Burke wonders what could be so urgent about historical research. When he asks Julia about it later, she smiles as she assures him it's only some new data. I wonder how long she thinks she can keep up the charade.

It turns out that Barnabas is freaked about what Willie heard at the BW. He orders--no other word for it--Julia to re-hypnotize Maggie into forgetting, and she is forced to confess that Dave Woodard has fired her. She barely escapes being throttled when Barnabas magnaminously (ha ha) says he'll spare her this once--because it's time for his injection. Who's more dependent on whom, I wonder.

Barn promises Julia he won't harm Maggie, but the moment she's gone downstairs to prepare his injection, he starts pacing. Willie doesn't fail to notice and immediately suspects that Barn is planning something. Sure enough, Barnabas decides yet again that he has to kill Maggie. When are you going to do it? Willie asks. Barnabas tells him, It will be tonight--after the moon goes behind the clouds and I can move unseen in the darkness. I wonder how many more times he's going to decide he has to kill her. Sheesh.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 03:12:53 AM »
I keep forgetting that Burke and David have somewhat of a special relationship. (Are we supposed to still wonder if Burke can be David's father?) I think it's because it was not AG's Burke that created the bond. Anyway, David feeds Burke's suspicions about Barnabas. I have to wonder if Burke was being set up to be Barn's killer.

I hear ya DarkLady, just how much longer can Julia keep up the ruse? Both she and Barnabas are being questioned and stymied at every turn, and if not by outside sources, then by each other.

Barn seems to be spinning out of control. I enjoy watching Grayson's Julia constantly trying to reel him in. I think it is a bit out of character for Julia to take Barnabas at his word at this stage of the game regarding his promise to forgo killing Maggie.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 03:16:13 AM »
I am out of town and out of episodes, so it will be a while before I can continue posting. FYI

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 04:39:59 AM »
David dreams of Barnabas and he has fangs and now David is afraid. Burke is back to his questioning and is more annoying. I like the line,"Doctor you've blundered!"
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 07:46:58 PM »
And I also keep forgetting to post this capture from this ep:

I love it because, well, just look at Julia's body language!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 08:26:22 PM »
Another great screen cap, MB! GH rocks!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 01:38:51 AM »
I think the writers had pretty much given up the possibility that Burke could be David's father at this point. And as already mentioned many times [spoiler] David has a lookalike in every one of the time-travelling sagas....Daniel in 1795, Jamison in 1897, Tad in 1840. [/spoiler]

I'm thinking Julia maybe shouldn't have volunteered the information that Woodard took Maggie out of her care not only for her sake but also for Maggie's. She should have known that would have fed into Barnabas' paranoia. And sure enough, once she tells Barnabas this, he puts on an act but when she leaves the room, he tells Willie he has to kill Maggie.

Poor David...he has a horrible nightmare, making him even more terrified of his elder cousin and rightly so. Despite what Vicki believes Barnabas most certainly does want to harm David and if it hadn't been for Sarah's interference in the previous episode would have done just that. But fortunately for him at the moment Barnabas' attention towards him has been swifted elsewhere.

Burke and Vicki did seem on the edge of an argument....I have no doubt that Burke still believes that Barnabas is not the gentleman that Vicki sees him as and he does believe that David may very well have good reason to fear Barnabas...but he can't quite put his finger on it and since Vicki had ordered him to put an end to his investigation of Barnabas he may never find out.