Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0157  (Read 972 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0157
« on: February 28, 2012, 09:35:42 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0157
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 12:11:14 AM »
I don't want to undermine these nice crypt scenes, but isn't it a manufactured twist that some other cemetery's records were moved in with those in the private Stockbridge crypt?   That's the only way the keeper could have looked up records of non-Stockbridges (such as Radcliffes) on the spot, without another trip and another set and another creepy crypt keeper.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 03:54:20 PM »
I don't want to undermine these nice crypt scenes, but isn't it a manufactured twist that some other cemetery's records were moved in with those in the private Stockbridge crypt?   That's the only way the keeper could have looked up records of non-Stockbridges (such as Radcliffes) on the spot, without another trip and another set and another creepy crypt keeper.

Is it a private crypt? Also, the caretaker said that the other cemetary was destroyed.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 04:28:16 PM »
I've always thought that the Collins universe is dotted with small private cemeteries, one for each of the great families. Maybe the crypt keepers got together to swap yarns and records books.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 10:19:06 PM »
Is it a private crypt? Also, the caretaker said that the other cemetary was destroyed.

So the records would have to be moved, but it does seem to be a graveyard for the Stockbridge family, so why there?   Some bodies were sent over, too.   Or maybe only the crypt itself was just for Stockbridges, but still, same question.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 12:39:13 AM »
I dunno. I didn't know the crypt was for Stockbridges alone. I assumed it was for anybody who happened to croak in the area.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 06:21:45 PM »
Laura is multiplying like rabbits, and yet we are led to believe that she is a bird.

I don't want to undermine these nice crypt scenes, but isn't it a manufactured twist that some other cemetery's records were moved in with those in the private Stockbridge crypt?
It doesn't strike me as particularly manufactured.  Such things do happen with older cemeteries.  I wasn't quite clear on whether the graves were moved as well as the records.  Makes for a good story, if they were.

And anyway, any other crypt keeper would be a letdown after the one we've seen.  What is Daniel Keyes's voice like in real life?

Where was Laura in 1667?  And 1567?  Suddenly I'm imagining an Elizabethan phoenix.

Frank is getting drawn into the Laura mystery.  And, mean person that I am, I'm wondering how Josette likes leading Vicky around by the nose.  Does Josette ever wish she had somebody brighter to deal with?  I'm guessing Josette can't choose - that there's some sort of psychic link between her and Vicky.  If she could choose somebody to whom to reveal the truth about Laura, who would it be?

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 07:47:55 PM »
Frank gets call at 5:30 am from Vickie and rushes to her side. I would say he might have a thing for the lady.. Crypt keeper is such a fun word. I also can't get enough of , insert name died by fire! 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times