Author Topic: Role playing and Fan fiction / REPOST  (Read 896 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Role playing and Fan fiction / REPOST
« on: January 28, 2003, 07:56:40 AM »
Yay!, we completed our move to a new server and hope to soon reopen to new registrations and guest traffic.

In anticipation of the increased workload this will create for the mods, we feel we must strictly enforce the guideline concerning role playing and fan fiction according to the way it has always been written for DS Forums:  The purpose of these forums is to discuss DARK SHADOWS, its characters, actors and storylines. Role playing (putting oneself or another poster into the DS story) is discouraged, and repeated efforts to role play may result in removal of these posts from the board. This does not, however, refer to DS-related usernames or signatures. These forums also do not accept fan fiction and such works are subject to removal.

Effective immediately, fan fiction will be removed in a timely manner, regardless of its length.  Fan fic is any creative work of fiction, whether it be in the form of a story, script, scene, filk song, or poem.  Posting a link to the work or announcing new additions to it are welcome, as are requests for feedback ... and if space is provided alongside the work for leaving comments, encouraging your readers to take advantage of that feature would be greatly appreciated.  We don't feel this is an undue inconvenience to our users considering that there is free space available on other sites such as www.scifi.com/colony ; the latter has BBs created specifically for DS works.

Role playing is becoming a DS or DS-related character in your post and writing as if you're speaking through that character.  This doesn't refer to usernames, signatures, avatars, or personal texts.  There are sites dedicated to DS role playing as well.

If anyone has a question, please feel free to IM Dom or myself.  I hope to have my email set up by tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks!

Midnite