Author Topic: Alexis Thorpe in EW  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Alexis Thorpe in EW
« on: May 22, 2004, 05:36:36 AM »
From WB ORDERS FILMING OF NEW PILOT
Oh, thank God.  Alexis Thorpe.  How wonderful for her, after having been mauled and stuffed into a pinata by the Botox horror that is Deidre Hall.

Ew is all I can say about the photo of her bloodied corpse in the May 28 issue of Entertainment Weekly.

And after seeing the picture (Cassie's body had just tumbled out of a turkey-shaped piıata on Thanksgiving :o), I can't imagine how the writers are bringing her character back [see: www.collinwood.net].

Anyway, it's in an article on DOOL's serial killer storyline that starts on p. 73.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Alexis Thorpe in EW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 05:44:21 AM »
I can't imagine how the writers are bringing her character back

Well, according to the promos NBC has been airing this week, in a "big twist," the characters who were murdered are somehow still alive. How is that possible? Who knows? DOOL isn't exactly known for its logical storylines.  :-   But I suppose those of us who are curious enough to tune in simply to see Alexis Thorpe will find out (not that we'll actually care)...

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 05:49:19 AM »
I'm sure she'll come back as...

[spoiler]Probably a ghost.  That is what they have been doing of late with the characters they have "killed off."  So, far no one that has been killed has actually come back alive.[/spoiler]
[/color][/FONT]

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 12:42:14 PM »
Wow Poor Alexis Thorpe!!!!  :o    Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 02:09:32 AM »
I'm sure she'll come back as...

[spoiler]Probably a ghost.  That is what they have been doing of late with the characters they have "killed off."  So, far no one that has been killed has actually come back alive.[/spoiler]
[/color][/FONT]

In the following there are some big spoilers concerning the storyline, so if there are any DAYS fans here who want to remain unspoiled, you've been warned!

[spoiler]All the character killed by Marlena are on an island which has is a replica of Salem. She joins them this week since she, too, is 'dead' now. Supposedly, the people on the island aren't just limited to people Marlena killed -- Victor Kirakis is definitely going to be on there, and he was killed by the character of Jan Spears. Also, there are rumors that characters who have been long gone may be on the island, too. The reason for them being on the island will take a long while to explain it seems -- according to James E. Reilly, the headwriter, this storyline will last until at least December.

Alexis Thorpe will be back, but I don't think it's clear whether she's on contract or on recurring and whether her return is permanent or if she'll be written off once more.[/spoiler]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 05:31:02 AM »
I didn't see today's installment.  Did Alexis Thorpe show up?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 06:10:28 AM »
Nope. And the storyline just keeps getting more and more bizarre. But then, that's no real surprise.  ;)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 06:26:08 AM »
Good.  Thanks!

And the storyline just keeps getting more and more bizarre. But then, that's no real surprise. ;)

Really?!  After seeing Monday's and Tuesday's eps I wouldn't have guessed it could.

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 07:16:20 AM »
I haven't seen it this bizarre in 39 years!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 07:01:40 PM »
Still no Alexis today.  :-

Am I alone in thinking that Diedre Hall's Marlena is sounding/acting exactly like 1795 Vicki? Even though she's been told numerous times that she didn't actually kill anyone and everything that's happened has been some "evil hoax," EVERY time she meets up with someone that she "killed" she says "Oh, (fill in name), I didn't kill you. You're alive!"

The more things change on the soaps, the more they stay the same.  ;)

(Also, in yesterday's episode Roman explained to Marlena that they'd built a raft to try to escape the "island" but the currents were too strong and Alice was too frail. Yet, today, we learned there's an electrified security fence around the island's perimeter that violently zapped Doug when he tried to escape and that Roman has continually warned everyone that they could end up dead because of it. Huh? So, how the hell could Roman et al. - especially frail Alice - have gotten past that fence to try their raft?  [hdscrt]  But I suppose we're not supposed to even consider that?  ::))

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 07:09:35 PM »
Suspension of belief is essential to get through this story line.

I really wanted one of those cookies from yesterday.....

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 09:04:09 PM »
Alexis Thorpe won't be appearing until sometime in June -- probably later in the month. The next two people who will be popping up will be John Aniston as Victor Kirakis on June 8th and Suzanne Rogers as Maggie Horton on June 11th.

There aren't any confirmed dates yet for Matthew Ashford (Jack), Thaao Penglis (Tony), Peggy McCay (Caroline), or Alexis, but it seems like they should all be on by some point in June or early July (by the latest). Ashford and Penglis start filming in early June, so they won't be on screen until at least late June.

I didn't think about the raft thing, but you do raise a good point.

One thing that bothers me is the fact that Abe thought he was in real Salem and kept looking for Lexie and Theo. Hmm...if the tropical climate and not-so-far-off ocean (plus the different background music  :P) didn't give it away, then the palm trees and other assorted tropical plants definitely should have. No wonder the police never seem to be able to do anything right in Salem!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 09:31:45 PM »
then the palm trees and other assorted tropical plants definitely should have.

Apparently we're not supposed to notice the tropical plants either.  [wink2]

Thanks for the update on when Alexis might appear. Now I won't keep tuning in every day expecting that perhaps it might be the one. (And I won't be wondering if the writers assume the audience has had complete lobotomies because that's about the only way most would be able to swallow the stories being told.)

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
Re: Alexis Thorpe in EW
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2004, 03:18:14 AM »
I just thought I'd let those interested in seeing Alexis Thorpe know that her first airdate back should be August 3rd. She is the last of the serial killer's victims to come back on the show.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Alexis Thorpe in EW
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2004, 03:33:05 AM »
Thanks for the head's up.  :)