Author Topic: 1968 TV Poll  (Read 2488 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: 1968 TV Poll
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 03:53:07 PM »
Secret underground groups will be showing "West Wing" to their children in order to teach them how democracy worked before we lost it........

ROTFLMAOPIMP!!!  No joke!

Thought of some more this morning:

Nip/Tuck
The Shield
Sopranos
Oz
Rescue Me
Invasion
The Pretender
Surface
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 11:20:12 PM »
As current television programs possibly typifying the "zeitgeist" of comtemporary America, how about?:

The Simple Life - featuring the always intriguing and self-effacing Paris Hilton (a/k/a "The Ink Hound" according to Newsweek Magazine) as she schleps her away across this great land from one lousy job to another.

Hardball - A wonderfully informative political affairs program hosted by the unfailingly reserved and introspective Chris Matthews, a man widely considered to be this generation's answer to John Chancellor.

Entertainment Tonight - Providing a seemingly never-ending array of pointless stories about vacuous celebrities and their shallow and totally self-absorbed lives, thereby, providing much of the American viewing audience with a truly vicarious thrill.

Commander-in-Chief - starring the statuesque Geena Davis (also star of the winsomely-amusing "Earth Girls Are Easy") as President Mackenzie Allen.

Live with Regis and Kelly! -  Yes, always a thoroughly delightful watch, as the seventy-something Mr. Philbin and the thirty-something Ms. Ripa kiss celebrity "caboose" every day with even more elan than the King of celebrity caboose-kissers himself, Mr. Larry King!  (In addition, "Reege" will hawk his latest Christmas record, senior citizen medication or game-show hosting-gig as glibly and as expertly as Mr. Ron Popeil, undisputed King of the TV Infomercials!)

MTV - A great rock & roll network, with many of the shows hosted by the irrepressible one, Mr. Pauly Shore, simply the greatest renaissance man of our time!

Maury - hosted by Mr. Maury Povich, (mensch extraodinaire!), who delves into the extremely personal problems of other people to afford them the benefit of his King Solomon-like wisdom and counsel, while both simultaneously entertaining and informing the American public.  (Connie Chung must be so proud of her helpful hubby. What a guy!)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 07:59:37 AM »
Secret underground groups will be showing "West Wing" to their children in order to teach them how democracy worked before we lost it........

[hello] [9050] [cheer] [clap] [cheerleader]

Exactimundo.    I have my WW tapes for my post-democratic future.    Too bad about Toby, huh?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2005, 08:39:22 PM »
Too bad about Toby, huh?

I think you mean Leo [santa_cry]  [santa_cry] very, very sad..

Hey....what about Absolutely Fabulous...it's a MUST! IMHO.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2005, 11:56:06 PM »
I didn't know about John Spencer (of the West Wing) dying until later, though it happened that day.    Now I wish he'd quit the show when his character quit as Chief of Staff; maybe he wouldn't have had the same heart attack that Leo did.      I've been brooding on this all day. 

Toby was fired on the show, that's what I meant.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor