Author Topic: DS stars AIDS related deaths covered up?  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
DS stars AIDS related deaths covered up?
« on: July 08, 2008, 07:06:34 AM »
It seemed that some publications, which will remain nameless seemed to try and cover the fact that "several" DS stars succumbed to AIDS/HIV!  Do you think it was because of the stigma that was associated with it?  Or what? I know in the 80's people were not so open.  I admire Craig Hamrick for truly stating the cause of these actors deaths.  It only brings awareness to Aids/HIV.  The 80's in NYC were a hard time I hear. As a fan of Madonna, I know it really impacted her seeing so MANY friends to die.  It was also touching to read about Louis Edmonds comforting his nephew in his final days when his nepehw was dying with AIDS.  ALAS, the stigma isn't as bad in 2008, however WE HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO!! [ghost_mad] 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: DS stars AIDS related deaths covered up?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 07:51:44 AM »
Perhaps if they were still keeping it a secret when they died, no one wants to go against their wishes posthumously.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

David

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:22:59 AM »
Three DS stars died of AIDS, all three were openly gay.
So why can't we have open, responsible, respectful discussions about who they were & how they lived & died?

David

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 05:17:27 PM »
i know of one.   male.   

but, it's been published before that he died of AID and dying of AIDS doesn't necessarily mean you are gay.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 08:58:08 PM »
A post in this topic has been deleted. However, I can assure that it was not deleted to perpetuate a cover up. It was deleted because the policy of the forum is that when it comes to matters concerning the DS stars' private lives, the only matters that can be topics of public discussion are ones that have been corroborated in print (in a reputable publication) or ones which the DS star in question has discussed publicly. We also choose to honor the DS actors' families' wishes - and if they chose not to publicly give out certain details regarding a loved ones death and/or life, we as fans have no right to go against those wishes, even in instances where the matters may be privately known to be true. These are terms that were agreed to when each member registered for membership with the forum. And I hope that restating them will help to make them clear.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 09:14:33 PM »
I am sorry I had no idea.  I apparently missed that part.   Sorry for that.  Again very sorry.  I thought Craig Hamrick's books were pretty much the gospel. 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 09:21:30 PM »
And too ANYONE I may have offended.  Sorry to you as well.  [ghost_sad]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 12:30:52 AM »
I thought Craig Hamrick's books were pretty much the gospel.

Craig Hamrick's books are reputable publications, but the problem is in attributing information to those books that is not there.