Author Topic: Dark Shadows Festival  2002 Reports  (Read 10083 times)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Re: Dark Shadows Festival  2002 Reports
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2002, 05:29:38 AM »
Teresa,

You're probably right on the polenta. I was just doing my ignorant southerner mouthing off routine.  ;D  To us, polenta is just soggy cornbread.  :P

So, I guess in California they ruin it by making it soggy and up north they ruin it by adding sugar to it.  :P

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2002, 05:44:10 AM »
MORE FEST PHOTOS!
[/size]

I've just finished uploading some more photos of David Selby from the recent Dark Shadows Festival. These three new pages of photos were kindly donated by Dean. You can view them by clicking on the link banner below and then following the link in the What's New section.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2002, 10:31:43 AM »
According to Jim Pierson, the mystery food was polenta, the cornmeal stuff...  Which didn't make me like it any more -- ick... ;)
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2002, 05:57:27 PM »
According to Jim Pierson, the mystery food was polenta, the cornmeal stuff...  Which didn't make me like it any more -- ick... ;)

It was gross. That was the 3rd time I've tried the stuff and it never gets any better. Now, I love cornbread when it's made like a cake. Nice and dry with a big bowl of chili.
I also did not like the sauce they had the chicken sitting on. I think it was a raspberry sauce and it got mixed up with my mashed potatoes. The potatoes on the other hand were quite good and I could have used more.
Teresa
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2002, 08:09:15 PM »
While we're on the topic of the banquet, how is the seating handled?  Is everyone assigned a seat, or can you sit anywhere?

Maybe one of these years I'll make it to the banquet...

Regards,

John

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2002, 08:52:58 PM »
Well, I got my pics back and Mscrisedye, you think you are a bad photographer! Most of mine came out dark or at least the ones from the auditorium did. I really did not take many of the cast.
I scanned some today and once I saw them realized there was a streak going across. When I checked my scanner, I saw something has spilled on the glass ( God only knows what it was ). So after I clean it off, I will rescan and somehow get a few here. I took alot of pictures with various members of the board and you all look great in them. Next year I may visit a tanning bed prior to the fest since my face looks so pale next to all of you with those nice tans.
On an OT note: Bruce announced his tour dates today and I will be missing the LA show( boo hoo, I was looking forward to seeing Midnite and Profstokes again) but good news is that he will be in Europe during Tarrytown so I sent in my check in today for Halloween.
Somebody hold me down, I can't stand the excitement!
Teresa
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2002, 03:06:56 AM »

It was gross. That was the 3rd time I've tried the stuff and it never gets any better. Now, I love cornbread when it's made like a cake. Nice and dry with a big bowl of chili.

If polenta is prepared properly, it is delicious.  Most of the instant stuff is icky and a hotel/banquet facility probably isn't going to do the best job with it.  

It needs to be cooked for a very long time on the stovetop and you have to season it right.  My mom has a variation of it where after it's chilled and firm, she tops it with tomato sauce and veggies and bakes it (yummy)

Luciaphil
(who has Sicilian-American roots)
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Dawn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2002, 08:59:34 AM »
Phew!  I finally made it to the end of these posts.  I've enjoyed your reports ProfStokes, but I didn't see a reference to the curse of Cassandra from Monday.  :o Are you and Midnite pretending it just didn't happen and it was a bad dream?  

I have already said how much I've enjoyed all the people and now I am enjoying all the photos.  I've had several sent to me by friends at the fest (thanks Nancy, J99, and Midnite) and have sent an equal amount out myself.  LeBrat got some really great shots!  

Someone mentioned fewer children at fest.  I did my part, she just doesn't LOOK like a kid.   ;)

Dawn
To live in hearts we leave behind, is not to die.