Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1130  (Read 810 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1130
« on: January 17, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1130
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 06:44:45 AM »
I've been thinking that Julia could just as easily have posed as Barnabas's wife instead of his sister.  And now I wish she had done so, because it would have made for a very funny scene when Angelique came to Collinwood.

Michael Stroka keeps playing guys who aren't as smart as they think they are.  I'd like to see if he could play a genius.  And golly, Chris Pennock got promoted to Collins in his fourth storyline, and here's Stroka yet again playing a hanger-on.  There's no justice in this world.

We got a mention of Gabriel's children today - sent to boarding school because Hortense was a lousy governess, though I doubt that Gabriel inspected the school to make sure there were no lousy teachers.  Parallel time 1970 was the storyline for unconnected dots, and 1840 is the storyline for parentings and other relationships that make you go, "Huh?"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 04:00:05 PM »
And golly, Chris Pennock got promoted to Collins in his fourth storyline, and here's Stroka yet again playing a hanger-on.  There's no justice in this world.

By 1923 Diagonal Time, Stroka would have been a Collins!   It always seemed to me, too, that playing a Collins was the "big time" on DS, even though an actor shouldn't care as long as the part's good I suppose.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 04:19:37 PM »
Blimey, it's the wife!   Barnabas is going to get in trouble for forgetting their anniversary.

Everyone should have (or else be) a sidekick.   I want one.   I wonder if people seeing them travelling together are confused as to who's boss... he's a gypsy, but she's a woman.   Probably not.  She'd be perceived as a "lady" with a servant from her appearance.   An odd sight though, I'm sure.   Historically, women were generally seen as sidekicks...

Lazlo's name had completely escaped me.   Though I like these winks to the audience, having MS play a gypsy, I think there were so many (sometimes) ironic replays of the past or ironic twists on it, that it got in the way of moving on and creating fresh story.

JF is gaining weight I think.   ***   For being such a threat, The Body lies down an awful lot.   Well, there's not much else for a guy with no head to do in the woods.    Oh well, better lie down again, he thinks, with a few clumps of neurons in the body someplace...   I like how Leticia "handles" the Body!   I'm starting to feel sorry for Headless Man.   He's handicapped, to put it mildly.    Leticia says "You will stay here," and I pictured the Body not quite hearing, and Leticia standing on a crate or something and yelling down its neck, "YOU WILL STAY HERE!!"

Cliffhanger:  Leticia's new pet reaches out urgently with hands.   The Body really wants head.  He just gotta have it.   Yes, I'm very proud of myself, thanks for asking...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 05:13:59 PM »
I am curious to know what Angelique has been doing with herself all these years besides checking the mauseleum once a year.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 11:18:42 PM »
Me too, Janet--especially since she became the first victim of her own curse back in 1795. Or was that 1796? Or 1797?

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 08:31:55 AM »
I get the impression in 1968 that Angelique and Nicholas Blair have quite a history together (unromantic, of course), so it always seems to me that in 1840 she should be off doing miscellaneous evil with Nicholas somewhere and pouting because it has nothing to do with Barnabas, but maybe Diabolos gives her one day off a year to go check up on Barnabas.  If so, I'd love to hear Nicholas's comments on her annual visit.