Author Topic: Burbank Airport Marriott  (Read 3610 times)

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Burbank Airport Marriott
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 11:09:58 AM »
I'm glad I'm not driving! I hope the construction will be finished by Fest time. Thanks to all who supplied useful info about the hotel and restaurants. [bigok] I hope there will be a place for us all to meet. [ghost_smiley]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline D_Friedlander

• Full Poster
  • The REAL Wyndcliffe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 03:30:43 AM »
Because I and my room-mate were concerned with airline problems, we're coming in on Wednesday, and leaving Tuesday.  Thus we'll be there (and another hotel for one day) for six whole days.  Because of this, I have become obsessed with the necessity of a laundromat, which this Marriott doesn't have (a couple in the past actually did have small guest laundries, which is a GREAT benefit.) 

Does anyone know of any laundry facilities within safe walking distance of the hotel?  I looked them up on the computer, but it really doesn't tell me exactly where they are in relation to the Marriott (and with all the manuvering one apparently must do just around the hotel itself at this time, the distance could be even longer.)

I'd appreciate any help on this, because packing just one or two changes of clothes in a carry-on bag (with all  my other necessities of life) is NOT an option!
"HISTORY IS ULTIMATELY AN INVENTORY OF GHOSTS."-----
GUILLERMO DEL TORO

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 03:47:32 AM »
I hope this helps, D Friedlander.  I've done, in the past, a great deal of travelling with a limited amount of clothing (in order to get them in a carry-on; I hate checking luggage, but now with the new restrictions, it's hard to take everything on a carry-on, plus the airlines - greedy b*st*rds that they are - are now charging for checked luggage).  Here's what to pack.  One extra pair of pants or slacks.  Make them "semi-formal" when you need to wear something for a more "formal" occasion.  Make sure they're at least 50% polyester; cotton takes too long to dry and wrinkles.  Wear jeans when you are flying.  Pack about three shirts, maybe one or two more; again, check the material that's pretty much wrinkle-free.  Take along socks and underwear that you can discard.  I'm serious.  Who sees them?  Bring along a bigger bottle of shampoo (one that is now allowed with restrictions for size of fluids, plus don't forget that most hotels provide shampoo).  Use the shampoo to hand-wash your shirts in your hotel room sink at night and hang them up on the shower-curtain rack.  By morning, they should be dry (wrinkle-free shirts is the reason for this).  Shampoo works just like Woolite (many shampoos will say they can be used for laundering hand washables). 

I've spent weeks in Europe with just a carry-on, minimal clothing, and shampoo for hand cleaning.  It works like a charm.

Gerard

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 01:03:32 AM »
Because of this, I have become obsessed with the necessity of a laundromat, which this Marriott doesn't have (a couple in the past actually did have small guest laundries, which is a GREAT benefit.)

Actually, the Burbank Marriott does have coin-operated machines-- that and laundry service are listed under their guest services.  I phoned the hotel and they're available now and are expected to still be available in mid-July.  Which is a good thing because I don't believe there's a cleaners OR laundromat within walking distance of the hotel in any direction.

Hope that helped.

Offline D_Friedlander

• Full Poster
  • The REAL Wyndcliffe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 04:55:20 AM »
Thanks!  What a relief!  I guess I didn't read their online page that carefully.  I don't mind doing some washing by hand if necessary, but with roommates (we have another friend coming in Friday) it makes things easier.
"HISTORY IS ULTIMATELY AN INVENTORY OF GHOSTS."-----
GUILLERMO DEL TORO

MirandaD

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 06:45:39 AM »
Bette,

Thanks for the info on the hotel.  I'm curious if the mini-mall is easily walkable, or is it a situation where you take your life in your hands trying to cross.  Also, is it easy to walk to the airport from the hotel instead of take the shuttle?

Thanks,

Miranda D

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 08:53:22 PM »
I'm curious if the mini-mall is easily walkable, or is it a situation where you take your life in your hands trying to cross.  Also, is it easy to walk to the airport from the hotel instead of take the shuttle?

Oh yes, I would think the mini-mall is easily walkable. I was driving and didn't take the time to go over to it, but it is at a  big intersection governed by traffic lights, and is close to the hotel. And the hotel is close enough to the airport that one could walk it, though one would have to negotiate the streets leading in and out of the airport, the airport parking lots, etc. and with luggage that could be a hassle.  But, distance-wise it is doable.
Life works if you let it