Author Topic: joan bennett's emmy nomination  (Read 791 times)

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
joan bennett's emmy nomination
« on: August 18, 2009, 05:10:48 AM »
quote from another topic:
(And just to make a slight correction to that article, Joan Bennett didn't lose - the Emmy category that she and MacDonald Carey were nominated in was simply never handed out for some odd reason...)

how could joan bennett or mcdonald carey even be nominated for an emmy in 1968? the daytime emmys did not even begin till after ds went off the air. i dont recall the primetime emmys ever honoring a daytime star and i never heard of a male and a female being nominated in the same acting category. it makes even less sense that the award was never given out.??

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Re: joan bennett's emmy nomination
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 05:21:28 AM »
Joe, I am not well versed in the Emmy history, but IMDB does show Joan as having been nominated for an Emmy in the category "Outstanding Achievement in Daytime Programming - Individuals".  Maybe it was a token award for daytime shows before they actually had a separate awards show for daytime?  No clue about why they wouldn't have handed them out, though- weird.

Joan Bennett's awards page on IMDb

Cathy

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 05:32:06 AM »
thank you and thats very interesting. i hope someone out there can tell us the reason why the award was not given out.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 06:07:34 AM »
Joan Bennett's nomination has been mentioned in the PomPress books and various DS articles - but no reason has ever been given for why the category was never awarded - only that it wasn't.  [confused_ani]