Author Topic: Favorite 1897 Moment - Poll #2  (Read 1417 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Favorite 1897 Moment - Poll #2
« on: December 02, 2002, 12:15:16 PM »
In the interest of keeping us entertained and in the 1897 spirit while the show is on hiatus, I thought I'd create some polls pertaining to what we've witnessed so far in the Sci-Fi aired 1897 storyline.

The 1897 Favorite Moment polls will be open until December, 8th. The top 2 choices from each poll will be combined to make one final poll (to be posted to the Dark Shadows Forums December, 9th) to determine the Dark Shadows Forums members favorite moment from the aired 1897 episodes.

All Dark Shadows Forums 1897 polls final results will be posted to the Forums December, 14th.

For those of us in need of a refresher course, posted below are the corresponding Robservations to each choice.
```````````````````````````````````
Jenny surprises Quentin in the cottage
Robservations 11/8/02 - #720-721 - A Pissed-Off Wife Takes Revenge

Quentin and Evan conjure up Angelique
Robservations 11/1/02 - #710/711 - An Old Enemy Joins the Party

Alms for the poor and needy
Robservations 10/29/02 - #708/709 - Barnabas Threatens Quentin

Quentin Attacks Magda at the Old House
Robservations 10/29/02  - #708/709 - Barnabas Threatens Quentin

Quentin's first visit with Grandmamama
Robservations 10/23/02 - #700/701 - Barnabas Thumbs a Time-Trip Via I-Ching

Beth welcomes Quentin home
Robservations 10/23/02 - #700/701 - Barnabas Thumbs a Time-Trip Via I-Ching

Quentin visits Beth's room
Robservations 11/5/02 - #714/715 - Judith Rubs it In; Rachel & the Tower

Quentin bullies Grandmamama
Robservations 10/25/02 - #704/705 - Welcome to Collinwood, 1897!

Grandmamama haunts Quentin
Robservations 11/1/02 - #710/711 - An Old Enemy Joins the Party

Quentin and Laura in the cottage
Robservations 11/18/02 - #730/731 - Quentin and His "Dead" Mistress / Robservations 11/19/02 - #732-733 - Ang & Barn's Bargain; Three For Worthington Hall

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite 1897 Moment - Poll #2
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2002, 01:21:52 PM »
Well, I had to vote for the scene in which Quentin & Evan conjure up Angelique!!  She adds so much exitement to the show and when I saw her arriving in 1897, I knew what we were in store for.  

I also loved how she toyed with Evan Hanley and how she took an instant dislike towards him! IMO It was almost as if she was finally getting her chance to get back at Nickolas Blair for the way he treated her before. And even though they're two different characters I somehow felt like she was relating the two together!

Cassandra[/font]

(And who could forget that favorite line of hers? "If you didn't want any trouble, you should have never called for me!")
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2002, 11:20:34 PM »
Well, I had to vote for the scene in which Quentin & Evan conjure up Angelique!!  She adds so much exitement to the show and when I saw her arriving in 1897, I knew what we were in store for.  

I also loved how she toyed with Evan Hanley and how she took an instant dislike towards him! IMO It was almost as if she was finally getting her chance to get back at Nickolas Blair for the way he treated her before. And even though they're two different characters I somehow felt like she was relating the two together!

Cassandra[/font]

(And who could forget that favorite line of hers? "If you didn't want any trouble, you should have never called for me!")

Cassandra stated the reasons I picked this scene
so well. :) I love that line too.
Julianka

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2002, 01:33:59 AM »
Interesting, I see I'm in the minority on this one. Quentin visiting Beth's room is so erotically charged that I had to pick it! (Living vicariously and all that...)
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2002, 04:09:36 AM »
I picked the one where The Q-man visits Beth's
room!!!   YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                           Love Anne :P :P
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2002, 04:15:54 AM »
I went with Quentin and Evan conjuring up Angelique. I loved that entire episode. Angelique made a great enterance into 1897. I also liked the scene when Jenny goes to Quentin's Cottage.

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2002, 05:01:06 AM »
I voted for "alms for the poor and needy". I liked seeing Quentin and Jamison together in this scene.
MM

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2002, 11:23:38 AM »

Cassandra[/font]

I should just repeat what Cassandra has said!  I love that scene.  The way she takes over immediately, how she handles Evan, and then that fantastic line is one of my favorites of the whole show!!
Josette

Offline ms._hoffman

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2002, 04:14:52 AM »

I voted for Evan and Quentin conjuring up Angelique also.   Your ideas are interesting and explain her dislike towards Evan.

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Favorite 1897 Moment - Poll #2
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2003, 10:18:51 PM »
I also voted for the scene where Quentin and Evan conjure up Angelique.  I loved the look on their faces when they discovered that a "woman" actually had showed up instead of some evil demon to help them out with their plans against Barnabas.  Well, though of course we all know underneath all of that she really is just that but they didn't know this.  I thought it was a good scene altogether.

Deb