Author Topic: Favorite 1897 Moment - Poll #5  (Read 1796 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Favorite 1897 Moment - Poll #5
« on: December 02, 2002, 11:53:44 AM »
In the interest of keeping us entertained and in the 1897 spirit while the show is on hiatus, I thought I'd create some polls pertaining to what we've witnessed so far in the Sci-Fi aired 1897 storyline.

The 1897 Favorite Moment polls will be open until December, 8th. The top 2 choices from each poll will be combined to make one final poll (to be posted to the Dark Shadows Forums December, 9th) to determine the Dark Shadows Forums members favorite moment from the aired 1897 episodes.

All Dark Shadows Forums 1897 polls final results will be posted to the Forums December, 14th.

For those of us in need of a refresher course, posted below are the corresponding Robservations to each choice.
```````````````````````````````````
Meet Magda & Sandor
Robservations 10/23/02 - #700/701 - Barnabas Thumbs a Time-Trip Via I-Ching

Quentin reacquaints himself with Magda
Robservations 10/24/02 - #702/703 - Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves

Barnabas meets Magda
Robservations 10/24/02 - #702/703 - Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves

Jamison and Sandor in the cottage
Robservations 11/1/02 - #710/711 - An Old Enemy Joins the Party

Laura confronts Trask
Robservations 11/20/02 - #734-735 - Jamison Escapes the Closet; Worthington Burns

Laura and Minerva talk shop
Robservations 11/19/02 - #732-733 - Ang & Barn's Bargain; Three For Worthington Hall

Quentin torments Laura
Robservations 11/21/02 - #736-737 - How Will Dirk "Warm" Laura?

Magda the fortune teller (Who'll kill Quentin?)
Robservations 11/7/02 - #718/719 - Barnabas & Angelique in the Tower

Sandor, my big fat hero
Robservations 11/13/02 - #724/725 - Zombie Quentin and Reverend Trask

Magda reads the tarot for Carl
Robservations 10/28/02 - #706/707 - A Helluva Dysfunctional Family

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite 1897 Moment - Poll #5
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2002, 06:48:28 PM »
Hi sweetie,

Thanks, these were fun.  My one caveat is that I wish "Laura and Minerva talk shop" had been on a separate poll from all the Magda scenes.  I voted for "Sandor, my big fat hero" (that scene always makes me scream) but the Laura/Minerva scene is definitely among DS' finest moments as well.  Clarice is too delicious in that scene, and Millay is glacial enough to give one frostbite just from looking at her.

Thanks again,

Tuffie

Offline Bernie

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 12:32:43 AM »
Thanks, Dom, for the interesting polls.  One of my favorite 1897 moments not included was when Quentin learns that he one day haunts Collinwood as a ghost in 1969!  

What a shocking revelation that must have been, especially hearing that an unyet born member of the Collins family would be at peril due to his ghost.

Bernie

Offline John_in_NC

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2002, 06:51:57 AM »
Thanks Dom for the great polls, it is so nice to have you here as a moderator.  I love your picture of the great Joan Bennett.  And I dearly love all the Diana Millay scenes, she is so wonderfully acidic to everyone!!  
John

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2002, 09:15:06 AM »
Thanks, Dom, for the interesting polls.  One of my favorite 1897 moments not included was when Quentin learns that he one day haunts Collinwood as a ghost in 1969!  

What a shocking revelation that must have been, especially hearing that an unyet born member of the Collins family would be at peril due to his ghost.

Bernie

Hi Bernie. I chose only scenes that have already aired in the 1897 storyline on the Sci-Fi channel thus far. Has the scene you mentioned already aired? If so, I must have missed it while searching thru Robservations. I don't remember seeing it but I admit, I do tend to leave the TV to do little things while watching the show (always trying to remain within earshot). It surely would have made a fabulous choice in the polls.

dom

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2002, 10:05:26 AM »
Thanks Dom for the great polls, it is so nice to have you here as a moderator.  I love your picture of the great Joan Bennett.  And I dearly love all the Diana Millay scenes, she is so wonderfully acidic to everyone!!  

John

Hi John, Thanks for the compliments. It's great being a part of this, as a member and as a moderator.

I fell in love with Joan as Liz when I finally saw the 1966 episodes. Liz is my favorite character. Have you ever seen Joan in Moby Dick with the Barrymore brothers? Simply divine, is all I can say.

I have a love/hate relationship with Laura. I don't really enjoy Millay as Laura when she is in scenes with the children but I think she really shines in her scenes with the adult performers. Especially when they tend to be tense situations (and when aren't they tense when Laura is involved, eh? LOL). And they tend to be some of my favorite scenes in the two storylines she has performed in.

It's always a joy hearing from you, John. I hope all is well,
Dom

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2002, 10:45:55 AM »
Hi sweetie,

Thanks, these were fun.  My one caveat is that I wish "Laura and Minerva talk shop" had been on a separate poll from all the Magda scenes.  I voted for "Sandor, my big fat hero" (that scene always makes me scream) but the Laura/Minerva scene is definitely among DS' finest moments as well.  Clarice is too delicious in that scene, and Millay is glacial enough to give one frostbite just from looking at her.

Thanks again,

Tuffie

My darling little Tuftress,

YOU are the sweetie. I'm glad you enjoyed voting in the polls. I had fun compiling them. You know my skill at typing so you'll know that when I say it was a labor of love, sistah gurl ain't tellin little white lies. Bless the computer geek who came up with cut and paste is ALL I can say!

I love that Minerva scene, too. That hat and wig that had me rollin on the floor. I have to confess that I hit the rewind button one too many times, as Clarice's delivery was just too rich to watch just once. Bless her scene stealing heart. That woman can hold her own against the best of them. And Millay was absolutely scandalous! <Marsha Screams!> Wonderful writing as well. I agree with you that it was one of DS' finest moments. I wish we had been watching together. We would have been a mess.

Marsha (laughing out loud remembering the time we watched The Case Of The Constant Doyle together in Syracuse. Good night...Tuffie. LOL!!!)

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2002, 11:04:41 AM »
Well, I just had to vote for the "Meet Magda & Sandor" one!!  I love these two!  They both are a total riot together!  I wish they could have been in future storylines as well.  Can you imagine them in the present day Collinwood?  I could just see Carolyn visiting Magda at least once a month to have her palm read after she's just met yet another love interest!

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2002, 11:37:12 AM »
I was tempted to go with Magda and Sandor or Barnabas meeting Magda.  Those two are wonderful and definitely set the scene for this storyline.  However, I love Laura's appearance at the school and how she speaks to Trask, so I had to go with that.
Josette

Offline ms._hoffman

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2002, 04:29:37 AM »
I was tempted to go with Magda and Sandor or Barnabas meeting Magda.  Those two are wonderful and definitely set the scene for this storyline.  However, I love Laura's appearance at the school and how she speaks to Trask, so I had to go with that.

I agree and voted for Laura and Trask also.

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2002, 01:19:19 AM »
 However, I love Laura's appearance at the school and how she speaks to Trask, so I had to go with that.

I voted for this one too.  Almost makes me wish that everytime there was a Trask to tangle with, Laura could be called upon to dispatch him to some fiery oblivion with the same sense of fun she showed in this scene.
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2003, 07:06:03 AM »
I voted for this one too.  Almost makes me wish that everytime there was a Trask to tangle with, Laura could be called upon to dispatch him to some fiery oblivion with the same sense of fun she showed in this scene.

I like this one also.   I loved it when Laura confronted Trask and stood up to him.  This was especially good because at that time no one suspected Trask for the charlitan he really was so it was unheard of for someone, (especially a woman) to speak her mind to him.  I loved how she stood her ground too when he tried to talk her out of taking her children home.

Deb