Author Topic: Who Done It?  (Read 793 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Who Done It?
« on: November 02, 2002, 09:44:53 AM »
Who do you think is haunting Quentin?

I've been wondering if it is actually Grandmama's ghost. My first thought is that it was Barnabas that was creating the heartbeat. After all, it is one of his trademarks. And his warning to Quentin (about restless spirits) was made in a very cryptic manner. Then I had wondered who ransacked Quentin's quarters. I figured it was Barn as well, but then the thought did occur to me that it may have been Dirk. I figured he may have done it because he is jealous of Quentin's pursuit of Beth. It's obvious (to me) that Dirk is the man Beth has been seeing up until now. Grandmama's glove has got me stumped. I'd chalk that trick up to Barnabas as well. I really can't pinpoint why, but I don't get the feeling that Grandmama is doing the haunting. I don't remember if this is resolved in the story.

dom

P.S. My two favorite Quentin moments today were the blooper and the slobber. The saliva spilling over his bottom lip as he choked his Grandmother in his dream added such intensity to that scene. It was rather startling.

I had to lol when he referred to Barnabas Collins as Barnabas Cousin. I'd forgotten about this blooper and it caught me off guard. I just know as soon as my head hits the pillow tonight I am going to think of it and start giggling uncontrollably.

Connie

Re: Who Done It?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2002, 10:13:35 AM »
I've been wondering if it is actually Grandmama's ghost.

I'd say his conscience is haunting him more than anything else.  LOL
Actually, I have no trouble accepting that Grandmamamama is doing the haunting -- the messing up his room and the glove and everything else.  Then his conscience is adding to it with the dream.

P.S. My two favorite Quentin moments today were the blooper and the slobber. The saliva spilling over his bottom lip as he choked his Grandmother in his dream added such intensity to that scene. It was rather startling.

I loved every damn minute of Quentin and Grandmama.  Thought they were both great!

I had to lol when he referred to Barnabas Collins as Barnabas Cousin. I'd forgotten about this blooper and it caught me off guard. I just know as soon as my head hits the pillow tonight I am going to think of it and start giggling uncontrollably.

Ah...the famous Barnabas Cousins blooper!  If you watch carefully, you'll see it shook him a little and he glanced at the teleprompter.  As the storyline progresses, I've noticed the little "things" that happen either with him, or another actor, or with a prop, don't throw him off anymore.  LOL

-CLC

I LOVE GRANDMAMA!  [thumb]

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Connie Wrote:
Ah...the famous Barnabas Cousins blooper!  If you watch carefully, you'll see it shook him a little and he glanced at the teleprompter.  As the storyline progresses, I've noticed the little "things" that happen either with him, or another actor, or with a prop, don't throw him off anymore.  LOL

LOL!  I noticed that too. It was almost as if he were waiting to hear the cue to "cut" or stop tape, but we all know how nearly impossible that was on DS.

It's great how the other actors in the scene manage to keep a straight face and remember their lines so well like Evan did today. Now that's got to be hard to keep a straight face but I guess that they're all pretty much use to it by now.

As for who's haunting Quentin I had originally thought that it was Barnabas who was doing all the shenanagins in the house but after Quentin had the dream I now believe that it was actually Grandmama who is the perpetrator.

Also, before he even had the dream he went to her coffin and actually saw her sitting straight up. I don't think Barnabas was responsible for this.

Maybe he just knew that Grandmama being a Collins wouldn't rest until her Will was found and properly taken care of.  ;-)
"Calamity Jane"

Connie

LOL!  I noticed that too. It was almost as if he were waiting to hear the cue to "cut" or stop tape, but we all know how nearly impossible that was on DS.

OMG!!!  You're right!  I thought he was looking 'cause maybe it threw him off.  But he DOES look like he's looking for a cue or checking the camera light!  He glances up twice - very quickly.  My goodness...you ARE an astute watcher!  LOL

It's great how the other actors in the scene manage to keep a straight face and remember their lines so well like Evan did today...

Yes - HAA is pretty good at that!  Remember that messed up scene with Harry?

Maybe he just knew that Grandmama being a Collins wouldn't rest until her Will was found and properly taken care of.  ;-)

Yeah.  You'd think he would have known better than to try and pull a fast one on Grandmamama.  LOL

-CLC

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
Re: Who Done It?
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2002, 02:47:11 PM »

I noticed that too it really made the scene beliveable.
With the heartbeat I thought it was Barnabas as well.
The Dream threw me off, I wasnt expected that but should have.  

Quentin is becoming my FAV, Joe now has to fight for the top spot.!!

:-)
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books