Author Topic: Pondering Today's Episodes - 7/29  (Read 1280 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Pondering Today's Episodes - 7/29
« on: July 29, 2002, 11:11:18 PM »
Today's eps. weren't too bad;

As always, I enjoyed the scenes with Angelique and Nicholas. The sarcasm between them is anticipatory and never a disappointment for me.

Are we to assume that Nicholas and Angelique knew each other before 1968? I missed Nicholas' introduction this time around and I can't recall the answer. Will someone please tell me if and how they knew each other before 1968? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know why Nicholas is so into grey? (Loved that silk robe (smoking jacket?) he was wearing at the start of episode one.) Does the color grey have a specific meaning in the world of the occult? I know that certain colors symbolize particular things, as in the case of candles used in rituals.

Anybody notice that Nicholas' widows peak is receding?

They were very careful not to have Angelique's reflection appear in the magic mirror today, even though we did catch a glimpse of her shoulder at the very beginning of the scene. (BTW the MM didn't seem to be reflecting much of anything. Come to think of it, it seems to be stuck in it's transitional phase of blur.) But in episode two, they used  the lab mirror to frame her face quite prominently - go figure.

A question for the ladies of the forum: Did they have smudge proof makeup in '68? I am wondering if Ange puts on her lovely makeup daily? Before or after rising from her coffin? Or if it is the original stuff she had applied before her transformation into a vampire? Just wondering.

Jeff Clark is one strange (and downright eerie) dude! He is the only vampire victim I can recall whose bite wounds disappear between meals! He also seems to have no reaction (weakness, confusion, etc.) to being drained of blood. It appears that he doesn't even know he's been bitten! Not only was he feisty with Ange after the bite but he hadn't a clue of how or why she had the power to control him. Very strange. Maybe it has something to do with where he came from and how he ended up in 1968. I hope time will tell, though I am not counting on it.

Carolyn's dress in Episode two was absolutely hideous.

Why all of a sudden is Eve's body strapped to the gurney? According to Julia, the corpse (can we call it that?) is on the verge of rotting. It's not like it's going to get up and flee. Perhaps it is a sign that the experiment is ready to go, it just seemed a little odd that all of a sudden she's majorly strapped down.

Adam really seems to be coming into his own. I actually enjoyed all his scenes today. I don't know if he is changing or if it is my attitude toward the character that is changing. I saw this storyline once a few years ago and I was so disappointed with the corniness of it all that I basically dismissed everything about it, watching halfheartedly. RR's acting was exceptional today, it really drew me in. I am even finding it hard to hate Adam anymore.

Me thinks that this separation between Jeff and Vicki is a good thing. Jeff has obviously been hanging out with the governess a bit too much as he blurted out several of Vicki's classic lines today - "I don't know," & "I don't understand?" And more than once! I didn't notice if he touched his hair though. I guess I'd better check the tally.

Nancy Barrett is gorgeous.

Dom

P.S. Some free advice to Adam who today proclaimed, "I don't wanna mate anymore!" Adam honey, DON'T KNOCK IT TIL YOU'VE TRIED IT! [wink2]

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
Re: Pondering Today's Episodes - 7/29
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2002, 11:50:35 PM »
I saw this storyline once a few years ago and I was so disappointed with the corniness of it all that I basically dismissed everything about it, watching halfheartedly.

The last time I saw it a few years ago, I felt the same way, even missed a bunch of episodes, but that changed when I saw Craig Slocum as Harry Johnson. Now, I look forward to the Adam storyline mainly because of him. I enjoy the eye candy when he's on!  ;)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2002, 02:45:16 AM »
I am assuming that both Nicholas Blair and Angelique come from the nether world and have know each other since forever.

Makeup did smudge in 1968 it did in 1948 also.  1948, gad.

You know the discussion about how endowed Eve is, the points remind me of those little paper cups you used to see by water fountains.  I suppose that was before everybody else's time too.

If you think this is the happy golden years, it's all horse@#%*.  I am having great fun with it here though.

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2002, 03:57:41 AM »
You know the discussion about how endowed Eve is, the points remind me of those little paper cups you used to see by water fountains.  I suppose that was before everybody else's time too.

Not before my time, Darlin. Had those in 5th grade.

Dom

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2002, 06:05:14 AM »
"I don't want a mate anymore!"

Funny, I have said the same thing!

Makeup did smudge, but oddly enough in the sixties, it was never acknowledged to exist. You would then see an actress playing a nun wearing two sets of false eyelashes! I guess we were to believe this look was natural. Mmmmhmmm.

I think Nicholas just happens to look smashing in grey. He and Angie go way back with oblique references to their past together, presumably in Hell.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2002, 09:46:00 AM »
I believe that Angelique & Nickolas were both partners in crime down in the Netherworld together.

That's funny about the body being strapped down, I noticed that too.  Since Adam was strapped down also, Im presuming that this is just their way of getting everything ready to start the experiement.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2002, 01:15:22 PM »
What is linking the two bodies during the experiment together in order to transport the life force? I don't see anything-Do you?
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2002, 06:15:58 AM »
Why all of a sudden is Eve's body strapped to the gurney?

So that they can strap it over her boobs! OMG those things are huge!!! LMAO!!!!! I was like " ::) riiiiiight!!!" Bleh!!!! That must be one body part that they got from SEVERAL places!! Meep!!! >.<!

Nancy Barrett is gorgeous.

I adore Nancy Barrett.  8) She's the kewlest. She's so pretty. If I ever wanted 2 b blonde, I'd want to look like that, LOL. Altho I'm beginning to notice her contant licking of the upper lip. LOL it's cute! At least she doesn't constantly wring her hands like Vicki and Liz ..... altho she does keep them all balled up in front of her. GRRRRRRRRR ....  :-X ... ^_^
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2002, 06:38:23 AM »
the reason the body is strapped down is  in case it does rot before they ever get the experiment done.. the parts won't fall on the floor.. ewwwww [sick][sick]

Offline ms._hoffman

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2002, 07:24:58 AM »
Re: Nicholas grey suits.  Looks to me like he wears the same suit constantly.   Even when he knocked on Maggies door in the wee hours. :D