Author Topic: Welcome to Collinwood  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Welcome to Collinwood
« on: October 07, 2002, 09:17:41 AM »
I was watching a tape tonight, and when it was over and I turned it off, the show that was on the television happened to be the Ebert and Roeper movie reviews.  I had "mute" on while we were talking, when I suddenly saw at the bottom of the screen the words "Welcome to Collinwood."  I hurriedly put the sound back on, but they just announced some of the upcoming items for the next segment.

So, afraid that I had already missed it, I left the show on, and one of the movies they reviewed in the next segment was "Welcome to Collinwood."  

I really couldn't tell what it was about.  It seemed rather weird.  They both liked some elements of it, but overall found lots more to criticize.  It doesn't seem to have any connection to DS, but I have to wonder if the writer or producer or someone connected with it is a DS fan, to come up with that title.
Josette

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
Re: Welcome to Collinwood
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2002, 01:07:19 AM »
Yeah I've seen some promos for the movie. It seems to be unrelated to DS. I wonder how they came up with Collinwood . . . LOL.

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2002, 01:59:31 AM »

I never saw it, but a friend of mine is in the movie as an extra. I remember her telling me about it, when they were filming it.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2002, 03:28:02 AM »
I'm sure that it isn't a total coincidence, though it isn't related in an obvious way. My guess is someone was or is a DS fan.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton