Author Topic: Big Dark Shadows news!    (Read 2447 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Big Dark Shadows news!  
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2002, 09:08:49 PM »
Hi again, Rod,

thanks for taking the time to write about your fun experiences.  I'm very fond of both Robert and Dee, although I've only met them on a couple of occasions. They are both lovely people.  And I can't say enough about Marie Wallace, who is a great lady, incredibly sweet and VERY talented.  I loved her work as Megan Todd, and had the chance to tell her so at a Festival a few years back.  (Her work as Megan doesn't get as much coverage in DS books as her time on the series as Jenny.)

Hope you get the chance to visit with Diana Millay at some point.  She's a lot of fun.

Best wishes,

Steve

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2002, 04:10:50 AM »
I've been collecting autographs of various stars over the years, but for me, my yet-to-be-attained Holy Grail is AN AUTOGRAPHED PHOTO OF GRAYSON HALL!!!  If there is ANYONE who can help me with this, I will be forever in debt to him or her.  THIS IS THE ONLY D.S. COLLECTIBLE I REALLY NEED!  E-mail me if you can!  BTW, I've read "Autograph" over the years- a great mag, and the DS article is long overdue!  Now, if they only did ones on "Peyton Place" (the 1964-69 series) and "General Hospital"..........

Offline yendor

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2002, 04:37:40 AM »
Charles, when I was active in the fan movement, I had many, many Dark Shadows autographed photos...including a Grayson Hall.  Or so I thought! It was a scene from "House of Dark Shadows" and was personally inscribed to me! I'd received this gem via her fan club, run by Mark Messina and Robert Finocchio. Well, over the years, I lost the photo and always regretted it. But get this! In 2000, during a telephone conversation with Robert Finocchio, he dropped a piece of info that shot an arrow into my heart! To paraphrase, we were discussing DS autographs, and he said something about "signing" several of Grayson's autographed photos himself. He and Mark allegedly did this to help out Grayson...and then Rob says "most of them were stills from House of Dark Shadows!"  All that time, I thought I had a genuine Grayson Hall...and it was actually signed by my friend!

Thought you'd be interested in that little tidbit!

As for Autograph Collector, I'm planning two more articles: on the Munsters and Batman. I think you'll enjoy the DS piece!  I tried to infuse it with lots of nostalgia, to make the reader feel and experience what we all went through as addle-brained fan addicts!  

Rod